Our Client is a fast growing accounting, audit, and advisory firm headquartered in Alexandria,
VA. They specialize in providing the personalized services of a small firm with the full
resources and quality you would expect from larger accounting firms. You will be part of a
learning culture with challenging career development opportunities, where teamwork and
collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued.
They offer competitive compensation packages commensurate with experience. They also offer
a competitive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, Paid Time Off (PTO),
401(K), flexible spending plan, commuter benefits, and short-term and long-term disability.
They are currently seeking aSenior Accountant in Crystal City, VA
As a Senior Accountant, you will be part of a team analyzing and reconciling general ledger
accounts to identify and resolve complex discrepancies and recommending appropriate internal
controls to minimize the risk of inaccurate data to Federal Government Agencies. You will
supervise and train staff, research accounting issues, compile and analyze data, prepare
financial statements/accounting reports, perform internal control reviews/testing and document
business processes, and coordinate with auditors.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• 8-10 years experience in accounting (Federal Government accounting experience required),
with demonstrated expertise in the following:
• Minimum of five years of experience with federal financial statement auditing and/or federal
financial statement preparation with a minimum of three years in the intelligence community.
• Experience with the Budget execution Accounting & Acquisition Strategic Information Systems
(BASIS) is preferred and/or experience with NRO Financial Information System (NFIS) Momentum
• Supporting auditable financial statements requirements across the Intelligence Community.
• Preparing financial statements and the Annual Financial Report that comply with federal
financial accounting and reporting principles and standards and the OMB Form and Content
requirements; statements and other requirements
• Providing recommendations on improving process redesign, draft new policies/procedures and
training services to improve the financial reporting of federal government entities.
• Providing recommendations on improving the data integrity, internal controls, tracking and
financial reporting of Property, Plant & Equipment and Inventory & Related Property on behalf
of federal government entities.
• Preparing a federal government entity for a financial audit per government auditing standards,
assisting and advising the clients interactions with its auditor during the audit, and
assisting in resolving audit findings and recommendations.
• Reviewing and evaluating internal controls in accordance with OMB Policy A-127 over financial
and feeder Information Technology (IT) systems utilized from service provider and/or owned by
• Reviewing and evaluating internal controls over and testing of the clients processing of
payments in compliance with Improper Payment and Elimination and Recovery Act (IPERA).
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Exceptional client service and oral and written communication skills with a demonstrated
ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships
• Ability to exercise good judgment and ethical values
• Excellent analytical, organizational and project management skills
• Deadline oriented and ability to complete tasks independently
• Commitment to quality and ability to excel in a dynamic environment
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)