Human Resources Generalist
Requisition # 74246
GA201 GA Atlanta 3100 Cumberland Blvd
Line of Business
HD Supply White Cap
Minimum Travel Percentage
Provide HR support and counsel to a business/functional line to include: staffing, compensation, benefits, learning, associate relations, and performance management. Ensure consistent application of HR policies/procedures. Act as liaison to other departments and functional experts.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
* Administer core human resources programs including staffing, associate relations, compensation, benefits, performance management, and learning.
* Develop and recommend solutions to a variety of human resources issues.
* Consult with management on the interpretation and administration of human resources policies, programs, and procedures.
* Works with managers and associates to investigate and resolve associate relations issues.
* Conducts staffing support including sourcing, interviewing candidates, and conducting reference checks.
Nature and Scope
* Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information, inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data.
* Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual complex problems or issues. Work review typically involves periodic review of output by supervisor and/or direct 'customers' of the process.
* May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support personnel or professional personnel.
* Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
* Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
* Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
* Must be eighteen years of age
* Must pass the Drug Test
* Must pass the Background Check
* Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Education and Experience
* Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline. Generally 2-5 years of experience in related field; certification is required in some areas OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in related field. Certification is required in some areas.
* Understanding of EAP and drug testing policies.
* Proficiency in Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, MS Outlook.
HD Supply is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting a diverse workplace.