Title: Off-Site Linen Pool (Birmingham, AL)
Job Number: OFF0169
Angelica Corporation, the leading supplier of linen and laundry services to hospitals in the healthcare market has openings for Off-Site Linen Distribution Techs.
Off-Site Linen Distribution Tech is responsible for day-to-day activities of the Linen Department within a customer location including monitoring and distribution of daily linen delivers
* Preparing departmental exchange carts as needed
* Preparing, reviewing and placing linen orders, logging linen distribution and inventory into software program, running and preparing linen distribution reports.
* High school or equivalent.
* Able to work effectively with hospital staff in providing linen supplies.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills: the ability to speak, read and understand English.
* Reading and writing comprehension, computer and math skills typically associated with a high school level education
* Quality orientation and high attention to detail
* Able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations
* Strong teamwork skills- ready and willing to work closely with team members
* Open to and able to work day or night shifts, and willing to rotate shifts depending on need
* Open to long hours and working weekends (Sat/Sun)
* Able to lift an excess of 50 lbs
* Able to continuously push/pull carts over 250 lbs
Full or Part-Time
This job takes place within the Linen Room and throughout the hospital. The working environment is indoors and is seasonally heated and cooled with minimal noise levels. The position requires constant standing, bending, stooping, walking and the ability to lift and handle material with weight up to 50 pounds. Constant pushing/pulling of laundry carts with weights of 250 lbs is common with some cart weights exceeding 600 lbs. The position requires the ability to communicate in person, telephonically and via email.
By applying to this job you are applying to pooling requisition and not to a specific position. If a specific position comes available and your application is reviewed you will be contacted for further information. Please keep in mind that all applications expire 30 days from applying. If you would like to still be considered for an opening after the 30 day time frame please log back into your profile and reapply to the position so that it will reset the 30 day timer.
Angelica Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. The company promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans. Consistent with Angelica's commitment to equal employment opportunity, if you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and require special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying electronically for a position with Angelica, please contact us at 678-823-4204 or email@example.com. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Si usted es una persona invalida o un veterano invalido y necesita ayuda en completar una aplicación de empleo electrónica de Angelica, por favor contáctenos al numero 678-823-4204 o al correo electrónicoappaccommodation@angelica.com. Este número telefónico solo se debe usar con el propósito de pedir asistencia o acomodación razonable a lo que respecta la aplicación electrónica. Llamada de otra índole no serán contestadas. Acomodaciones razonables o asistencias se consideraran individualmente.
Angelica Corporation participates in the E-Verify Program (Department of Homeland Security) which electronically verifies the employment eligibility, identity, and Social Security number validity of all new hires and rehires.
Job: Off Site Linen