Title: Senior Financial Analyst
The position is located inNorthbrook, Illinois.
The Allstate Corporation (NYSE: ALL) is the nation''s largest publicly held personal lines insurer.? Widely known through its "You''re In Good Hands With Allstate" slogan, Allstate provides insurance products to more than 14 million households.
This position resides in the Midwest Region Controller Department. The purpose of this department is to lead the development of business strategy, translate the business strategy into goals that guide integrated operational plans, diagnose issues and analyze trends to strengthen understanding of financial results.
This position is within the Sales Analysis Analysis team in the Midwest Region Controller Department. This individual will be responsible for providing both standardized and ad hoc analysis in regards to supporting the Regional sales force
* Build financial models that provide what-if scenarios for leadership to help inform decision making
* Interect with clients in other parts of the organization to understand business unit results and project future performance
* Contribute to special meetings with leadership including the development of presentations
* Lead research and ad hoc special projects
* Leverage technology to continually improve processes, while ensuring data integrity and accuracy
* Support Agencies and Sales Leaders in understanding of financial metrics and reports
Hear what current employees have to say about working at Allstate:www.allstate.com/Allstate/content/refresh-videos/HR/Allstate_General_Hiring.wmv!
* Solid analystical skills and work ethic, including the ability to take initiative, follow-up and pay attention to detail
* Demonstrated initiative, creativity and a high degree of self-motivation
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Storyline development - create and deliver conclusive and recommendation-orientred presentations
* Interpersonal skills - ability to work with parties in both internal and external to the finance function
* Work effectively in a team environment
* Flexibility and adaptablity to dynamic and changing work environment; ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple projectsComputer Proficiency:
Microsoft Office software - Strong PC skills including Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Word
Ability to create and utilize Excel based models