Computer Technician Intern
Apply To This Job
Return To List
The Computer Technician Intern will assist in the minor day-to-day administration; support and ongoing enhancement of Menard, Inc’s desktop and network infrastructures. Applicants will need to posses the ability to communicate and work well with others in a Team environment. Candidates must be able to work in a secure, mission-critical production-computing environment. Applicants will be responsible for assisting the Computer Technicians, Sr. Computer Techs and Team Leader with the tasks of installation of the Physical Plant, Installation and Testing of Cisco network equipment. During summer months this job may require traveling to remote offices to assist in post network maintenance.
Would be expected to work parts of both 1stand 2ndshift – schedule is flexible to accommodate school schedules.
* Support Issues:
* Learn new software
* Learn new computer skills
* Configuration and installation of computers and peripherals
* Troubleshooting basic network related issues
* Repair and maintenance of company owned computers and peripherals.
* Ensure consistent implementation of processes:
* Installation of new or replacement equipment
* De-installation of existing equipment
* Perform initial test processes for boot-up and image load
* Perform generic and basic tests on connectivity and application launches
* Identify and document issues
* Travel to Remote locations if needed to perform prescribed installations or maintenance on assigned equipment. Company vehicle and tools will be provided.
* Required paperwork will be completed and submitted.
* Performs routine preventive maintenance on all computer equipment at Distribution Center and Manufacturing Plant locations.
* Work aloft on ladders with hand tools and test sets.
* Unpacking of equipment and packing of equipment for shipping
* Conduct Inventory, Warehouse, Shipping, and Receiving duties
* Keep work areas clean and organized
* And other duties as requested or required
PRIMARY EVALUATION CRITERIA:
* Follow Company established policies regarding the safekeeping and security of equipment under repair.
* You must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
* Lifting up to 75 lbs. is necessary for Warehouse Pickup and Delivery duties.
* Will be available to work nights and weekends including Sunday, if needed.
* Attending school for an Associate or Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Networking or equivalent.
Apply To This Job