Company Oakwood Villa Nursing Home
Address 2512 New Pine DR
Company Location Altoona, WI 54720-1378
Oakwood Villa Nursing Home seeking an experienced Registered Nurse(RN) to serve as a Unit Manager. Previous experience in long term care is required.
· Assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of residents.
· Nursing care is provided through assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of the plan of care.
· Adheres to the standards of care for the area, manages the environment to maintain resident safety, and supervises the care provided by nurses, and nursing assistants and helpers.
· Follows all Extendicare's policies and procedures.
· Performs duties as defined by the State Nurse Practice Act.
· Supervisory Responsibilities
· Rounding on unit to ensure resident care is provided in accordance with acceptable nursing standards
· Gives/receives the nursing report upon reporting in and ending shift duty hours.
· Attends regularly conducted staff meetings and participates regularly in continuing education programs.
· Handles on-call responsibilities as required.
· Provides the following nursing functions:
o Responsible for resident care on the unit he/she manages.
o Reviews 24°report and makes rounds to meet resident care needs and assign staff.
o Ensures required patient assessments and interventions are completed.
o Reviews care plans, at least daily, to ensure appropriate care.
o Communicates with team members/families/physicians of resident changes in condition.
o Ensures care is provided as needed by residents.
o Assists the physician in therapeutic measures, as needed.
o Participates in care plan development and attends resident care conferences for his/her unit.
o Helps determine policies for improvement of care.
o Reviews physician's orders to ensure they are appropriately recorded resident's chart, Kardex/Care Plan A, Medication Administration Record(MAR"), treatment/care plans, are implemented as required.
o Reviews charting in nurses notes for accurate informative and descriptive recording that reflect the care provided as well as the resident's response to the care.
o Reviews documents for all pertinent data as required by Medicare, Medicaid, Extendicare standards and policies.
o Completes the required forms upon admission, transfer, and/or discharge.
· Possesses a current license to practice in the State as an RN.
· Ability to manage and supervise a nursing unit.
· Ability to make independent decisions.
· One year of supervisory experience in a skilled care/rehabilitation environment.
· Ability to read, writes, speak and understand English.
· Meets all health requirements, as required by law.
· Ability to relate positively, effectively, and appropriately with residents, families, community members, volunteers and other facility staff.
We offer an attractive compensation and industry-leading benefits package including:
· Medical, dental and vision insurance
· 401(k) and matching contributions
· STD/LTD and life insurance
· Paid time off - personal, sick, vacation and holiday
· Employee-assistance program - employees and dependents
· ...And more!
For full time nurses, we offer medical benefits with no premium cost during your introductory period.
We strive to provide our employees with the tools necessary for development and success.
Extendicare, helping people live better!