Business Title:Associate, USIT
Area of Interest:Indirect Tax
When you choose KPMG as the place to build your career in tax, you can really add value. KPMG''s tax partners and professionals pride themselves on understanding our clients'' business strategy and needs, providing a broad range of federal, state, local and international tax services to meet those needs. We are currently seeking an Associate to join our State and Local Tax (SALT) practice in our Cleveland office.
* Provide excellent client service to multi-state companies with state and local tax issues, including compliance, advisory services, planning, technology, and controversies
* Prepare state sales and use tax returns
* Assist multi-state companies with analyzing state tax considerations/impacts related to business restructuring projects
* Assist multi-state companies with state and local tax controversies, which includes preparing clients for discussions with auditors, representing the client at hearings and at appeal meetings, and preparing protests
* Research and draft technical memoranda regarding state and local tax questions
* Provide assistance on large client project engagements
* One year of experience performing tax research and providing technical advice on multi-state tax or federal income tax issues
* Bachelor''s degree, J.D., LL.M. in Taxation, and/or Master''s in Taxation (MST) from an accredited college/university
* Knowledge of the development, planning, and execution of sales and transactions tax refund claims
* Desire to perform in a high-energy team environment
* Excellent writing, communication, and tax research skills
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace.