Billing and Collections Manager
The primary responsibility of this position is to oversee the timely billing and collections of funds due to the company. This position manages a subordinate staff.
* Manage activities related to the billing and collection of insurance premium, over paid commission, loss assessments, AER fees, deductibles and other due amounts. This includes the timely issuing of invoices and the collection of all funds due by the due date.
* Execute agreed upon strategies to minimize past due accounts.
* Recommend payment arrangements to maximize collections and customer retention as appropriate.
* Directly supervise a subordinate staff.
* Assign responsibilities to subordinates based on their skill level.
* Train and oversee the work product of subordinates.
* Act as a resource to subordinates'' queries.
* Create and maintain billing and collections procedure manual.
* Participate in new product implementations.
* Build relationships with Product Managers, Captive Members and Agency Partners.
* Manage relationships with third party collection agencies.
* Maintain and create several reports and spreadsheets
* Other duties as assignedQualifications
* Bachelor''s degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent work experience in the collections field.
* Minimum of 4 years expereince in a leadership position, and 2 years of direct supervision.
* Prior billing and/or collections experience preferred.
* Prior insurance industry experience preferred.
* Average to above average Accounting skills.
* Ability to handle complex billing transactions.
* Travel Requirements: 5-15 days per year.
Reports To: Vice President
Job Level: 8
Number of Openings: 1