Our world-renowned health care network is anchored by our flagship facility, University Hospitals Case Medical Center. Located in Cleveland''s historic University Circle, this 947-bed academic medical center and tertiary-care hospital is ranked by U.S. News and World Report as one of America''s best hospitals in 13 medical and surgical specialties. It comprises three centers of excellence:Seidman Cancer Center, MacDonald Women''s Hospital, and Rainbow Babies & Children''s Hospital; and The Center for Clinical Research, the largest medical research center in Ohio.
Works in collaboration with the Principal Investigator to coordinate and implement assigned multiple and/or complex clinical research studies in accordance with Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines.
* Responsible for submission of related documents to the appropriate regulatory review committees and maintenance of regulatory files.
* Performs day-to-day activities related to clinical research studies including:
* Recruits and screens participants
* Obtains informed consent
* Educates participants regarding study requirements
* Completes case report forms (CRF)
* Conducts nursing assessments of clinical trial participants including appropriate reporting.
* Documents, records and assimilates accurate participant records and study records to ensure documentation compliance with sponsor guidelines, standard operating procedures (SOP) and internal and external regulatory agencies.
* Establish and maintain communications with Investigator, Sponsor and internal constituents.
* Ability to prioritize the work of multiple projects.
* Knowledge of GCPs and FDA guidelines.
* Detail-oriented person with the ability to collect, compile, and analyze information.
* Ability to understand and communicate research protocol requirements to others.
* Able to work independently on multiple tasks and manage time effectively.
* Medical terminology.
* Excellent verbal, written and communication skills.
* Advanced computer skills (Excel, Word); Access preferred.
* Some travel may be required.
Educational Requirements and Experience:
* Registered nurse with validOhiolicense
* One to two years of clinical research experience required
* Experience with pediatric blood draws required
* IV placement experience required
* RN with validOhiolicense
* Bachelor''s degree or BSN preferred
* Flexibility to work off-shifts on occasion
University Hospitals is proud to be an equal opportunity employer