Title: Human Resources Generalist
About Whirlpool Corporation
Whirlpool is the industry leader in the manufacturing and marketing of home appliances. Whirlpool is a global company and markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Bauknecht, Consul and other major brand names in more than 170 countries around the world.
Whirlpool is a company that creates innovative solutions and products to meet consumer needs. As a result, we have been recognized as one of the world's 100 most innovative companies by Business Week magazine and the Boston Consulting Group. Additionally, Whirlpool Corporation was ranked among the Top 20 Innovators in Consumer Products by The Patent Board and has been consistently ranked as one of the Top 20 Companies for Leaders by Hewitt Associates and Fortune magazine.
Our unique business strategy provides us with an unmatched leadership position and ability to build and sustain loyalty to our brands. Our strategy allows us to move with greater speed to better serve our trade customer and end consumers around the globe.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a Human Resource Generalist opening to join our organization in Greenville, OH.
Day to Day
As a Human Resources Generalist at the Whirlpool's Greenville Division, you would have full scale responsibility for front line employee relations activities, including assessing disciplinary actions and working as an advocate to champion employee engagement strategies. In addition, you will be involved with workforce planning, recruiting, organizational development, employee communications, benefits, leave management, workers compensation and other programs necessary to meet business objectives.
What You Will Do
* Act as first point of contact for employee relations issues that impact the front line supervisory staff and the facility at large. Respond to inquiries from employees and management. Coach/counsel and or mentor as required.
* Lead incident investigations and make recommendations in accordance with the Division policies.
* Manage the non-production hourly and salaried recruiting process. Interview job applicants; review application/resumes; evaluate applicant skills and make recommendations regarding applicant's qualifications.
* Provide recommendations, assistance and follow-up on company policies, procedures, and documentation.
* Responsible for all human resource generalist support in areas such as employee relations, workforce planning, organizational development, talent and performance management, diversity and inclusion, compensation, regulatory compliance, and other projects and duties as assigned
What You Need To Succeed
* Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management or related field preferred.
* 2 - 4 years related experience, exposure to a manufacturing environment including employee relations.
* Strong potential to assume HR leadership roles.
* A team-oriented focus with strong business acumen is also important for superior performance.
* Must possess excellent organizational, analytical and interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
* Demonstrated ability to manage the design and implementation of HR programs and services.
* Knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including knowledge of federal/state employment and benefit laws
* Ability to analyze data and provide recommendations
* Strong computer skills including MS Office. Knowledge of SAP is a plus.
* Availability to relocate throughout Whirlpool's Corporate and Manufacturing locations.
Whirlpool has big plans for the future, just like you. We understand that it takes preparation and hard work to get there. So, we offer challenging purpose, ownership of your role, great teams, and tools to build your capability. In our performance-based setting, you can take your career in exciting new directions - and as far as you want to go.