Precision Castparts Corp. is a worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power generation, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace, and other general industrial markets and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC Airfoils, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Precision Castparts Corp. The Airfoils Division manufactures complex highly technical investment casting for turbine engine applications used in commercial jet engines, military jet engines, helicopters and industrial gas turbines.Reporting Relationship:
Reports directly to the ControllerLocation:
Mentor, OHPrincipal Area of Responsibility:
This individual will lead the Information Technology team to help drive business goals including: partnering with multiple departments to reduce variability within the manufacturing cycle, increasing productivity, providing continuously improving visibility to meaningful data, and maintaining critical systems to >99.9% uptime in a 24/7 environment. Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and current financial and IT requirements. Aligns I.T. policies and procedures with Division objectives and establishes IT systems and controls to ensure user satisfaction and compliance with Corporate, Divisional and legal requirements.Specific Duties:
* Organize staff, projects and daily activities with the constant, intense focus on maximizing value to the organization.
* Ensure 100% compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and Corporate policies.
* Define user information requirements by conferring with users and analyzing requirements. Take that understanding and draft specs ranging from simple, approved change forms to complex process map specifications for review and acceptance before development begins.
* Data mining within a SQL environment on a regular basis.
* Lead a staff of SQL/.NET developers, networking engineers, and automation engineers. Perform regular performance appraisals and project reviews.
* Direct implementation and execution of new/upgraded information systems via well-defined plans including procedures, deadlines and accountability. Ensure 100% compliance to corporate implementation policies.
* Evaluates and implements IT procedures and equipment for maximum efficiency and cost containment.
* Continue to increase effectiveness of shop floor integration and data collection through the use of improved HMIs, PLC control, and SQL integration.
* Ensures users are provided with professional and timely support and service.
* IT Lead on projects and multiple audits (SOX, Corporate Standards, Implementations).
* Establish and maintain an IT development candidate pool through the use if IT Co-ops and recruiting IT development candidates.
* Create and manage the IT budget including fixed and capital items.
* Maintain a positive working relationship with all business departments.
* Prepare and maintain technical specifications and related documentation to secure procedures and prevent systems failure.
* Upgrade and maintain the plant's disaster recovery plan.
* Work with other IT Managers within the division and company to leverage best practices and resources.
* Manage and drive IT vendors to keep costs low and keep lead times down for both services and purchases.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Sciences, Electrical Engineering or related degrees (MBA preferred)Personal Characteristics:
Highly motivated and driven individual who possesses a strong customer orientation. Able to meet deadlines and be accountable for quality/quantity. Able to work flexible hours with a history of dependability as demonstrated with strong attendance record. Comfortable using a team approach to problem solving. Have strong sense of urgency. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that relates well with customers, clients, co-workers and supervisors.Work Experience / skills:
* Minimum of five years of IT experience with at least three years leading IT staff.
* Extensive business experince, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
* Strong project management skills/experience.
* Minimum of three years managing a critical SQL environment including application side, DR, and reporting.
* Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
* Ability to think strategically and plan over a multi-year timespan.
* Ability to manage many issues/prjects simultaneously.
* <5% travel required. Position covers Mentor and Painesville manufacturing facilities.Physical and Mental Demands:
* Incumbent must physically and mentally perform the job demands, including but not limited to: standing, sitting, reaching, and repetitive hand motion.
* The ability to handle high stress associated with high activity with tight deadlines.
Mentor, OH, US.
- Submit/Create a new résumé/CV for this posting
- Use an existing résumé/CV to submit for this posting
- Email this posting to a friend