Title: Mortgage Loan Originator - Private Banking - Bedford, OH
Join US BANK HOME MORTGAGE and play a key role in delivering Mortgage Loan solutions to the affluent client. Mortgage Loan Originators in Private Banking work with Private Banking Relationship Managers (PBRMs) and are backed by a team of experts to aid in retaining, managing and developing client Mortgage loan relationships. They utilize strategic development techniques to manage and grow their Mortgage loan production, including targeted sales calls, profiling, building referral sources and community visibility. Working with key business partners in branches, investments, trust, and other divisions within U.S. Bank allow you to meet the needs of the affluent client.
U.S. Bank Mortgage Loan Originators originate mortgage loans in an assigned territory; develop referral relationships with realtors, builders, bankers, and other sources in order to proactively solicit business and conduct sales-related activities, frequently outside of U.S. Bank locations, in order to meet specific loan volume origination goals. They counsel customers, take applications, conduct preliminary underwriting reviews, and submit loan applications to processing and underwriting for approval using laptop technology. Remains front line contact with customers and realtors to ensure that documents required for processing, underwriting, and closing are secured in a timely manner. The salary for this position is 100% commission.
This position requires National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) registration under the terms of the S.A.F.E. Act of 2008.
Your Career is Here.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum two years of mortgage loan origination/sales experience
- Ability to travel
- A minimum of $12 million in annual mortgage loan production
- Thorough knowledge of pricing and underwriting requirements of various mortgage insurance companies
- Working knowledge of underwriting requirements for FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA, local bonding programs, and private investors
- Familiar with local, state and national laws (e.g. zoning ordinances, Truth-in Lending, RESPA, energy audit requirements, etc.)
- Strong sales ability
- Ability to analyze financial information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills