Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States, specializing in audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world''s most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you''ll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients'' will be heard.
Visit www.deloitte.com/us/careers to learn more about our culture, benefits and opportunities.
Health Care Provider: Epic Revenue Cycle Manager
In the United States, Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries have 45,000 professionals with a single focus: serving our clients and helping them solve their toughest problems. We work in four key business areas - audit, financial advisory, tax and consulting - but our real strength comes from combining the talents of those groups to address clients' needs. Fortune and BusinessWeek consistently rank our organization among the best places to work, which is good news for our talent and our clients alike. When the best people tackle the most compelling challenges, everyone wins.
Visit ourwebsiteto learn more about our member firms.
About Our Provider Revenue Cycle Practice
Deloitte Consulting LLP is recognized nationally as the leading consulting organization serving the health care industry with more than 4,000 health care clients including health care providers such as hospitals, health systems and academic medical centers, as well as the major health plans and life sciences companies.
Revenue cycle management is a business challenge, as well as a technology challenge. To meet those challenges, Deloitte offers one of the most comprehensive sets of Revenue Cycle consulting services in the health care industry. We are recognized for innovation and thought leadership, and have developed proprietary methodologies and technology tools to help clients achieve their goals quickly and efficiently.
Some of the services we provide to health care systems:
End-to-end revenue cycle transformation.Comprehensive improvements that cover every phase of the revenue cycle. Focus areas include: shared services, process standardization and integration, workflow automation, technology optimization, workforce planning and the patient experience.
Patient throughput.Improvements focused on managing patients through the inpatient delivery system. This includes both patient-facing interactions and behind-the-scenes activities.
Charge integrity.Improvements to the way charges are handled. Focus areas include: charge capture and pricing, health information management, clinical documentation, coding and third-party reimbursement.
Extended business office solutions.Services that supplement a client's in-house capabilities in the areas of claims resolution, bad debt and accelerated cash collections.
Technology.Assistance that helps our clients optimize the planning, design and implementation of large scale commercial technology for provider business offices as well as implementation of our own proprietary workflow technology.
Patient experience.Improving efficiency and service quality for customer-facing activities. Focus areas include: operational/financial performance, employee engagement and customer approval.
Regulatory, compliance and reimbursement. Services that support a client's ability to comply with technical revenue generating activities including third party reimbursement, financial controls and compliance requirements.
ICD-10 / HIPPA 5010.Comprehensive assessment, planning and remediation approaches to complying with ICD10 mandates effective October 2013. Our services start with a complete detailed assessment focused on people, process, technology and clinical documentation integration.
Visit ourwebsiteto learn more about Deloitte Consulting LLP.
Managers are professionals with strong records of academic and professional achievement who have the capacity and desire for continuous development and growth. Deloitte professionals must also be capable of working and communicating with people at all levels of an organization.
Managers lead multiple project workstreams, small engagement teams or components of large, complex engagements. They mentor junior practitioners as they conduct detailed, quantitative analyses associated with developing meaningful insights to address health care providers' biggest challenges. These challenges encompass everything from helping providers increase revenues, decrease costs, accelerate cash flow, improve margin and operational workflows by addressing people, processes, and technology across every aspect of the project lifecycle.
Deloitte managers typically work with a project team dedicated to a single client, taking direction from the project manager or Principal/Partner/Director. They work side by side with Principals/Partner/Directors, often with exposure to C-level executives and organizational leaders. Project teams work onsite with the client team, typically necessitating travel three to four nights a week.
As a manager, you will be asked to provide leadership in a variety of challenging roles, make significant contributions in a relatively short time, take responsibility for the way you manage your time, develop your skill set, and deliver creative, compelling insights to the client. Your career success is dependent on your ability to personalize your career path and identify and grow your internal and external network. We don't expect you to do this alone - our environment provides multiple opportunities for you to further develop your skills through our training curriculum and mentoring programs.
Engagements include a wide variety of solutions, tailored to the client's need, and are often performed in conjunction with large scale implementation and transformation projects. Responsibilities typical of a manager on one of these projects could include:
· Participate in setting engagement objectives and scope
· Oversee work plans for multiple components of an engagement
· Manage activities between work streams
· Provide guidance to junior practitioners as they manage large, confidential and complex data sets
· Conduct client interviews and facilitate client meetings
· Serve as a senior resource for the application teams and business user community and sponsors as it relates to policies and procedures, interfaces and development, conversion development, change management and communication initiatives
· Facilitate design sessions as needed, working with application teams to update workflows and team decision trackers post-design session
· Conduct detailed analyses to draw conclusions, and develop pertinent and insightful recommendations
· Design and manage deliverable content to reflect the engagement contract
· Present findings and recommendations to client leadership
· Mentor and develop junior staff Manage Go-Live and stabilization support
· Bachelor's degree from accredited university
· 6 years of professional experience in a health care provider, health plan or consulting setting (or 4 years with MBA/MHA/equivalent master degree), which include 4 years in revenue cycle operations in a health care provider, consulting, or technology vendor environment
· Demonstrates consistent career progression with increasing levels of responsibility
· Performed above expectations in previous professional roles
· Competent in Microsoft suite of business software, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
· Willingness and ability to travel 80%
· Must live within commuting distance to one of Deloitte's consulting offices
· Experience in one or more the following revenue cycle functions: Patient Access and Admitting, Charge Integrity, Denials Management and Recovery, Patient Accounting, and/or Patient Financial Services
· EPIC systems software experience, such as experience with usage and implementations of EPIC system and technology components, including EPIC Cadence, EPIC Prelude and EPIC Resolute Hospital and Professional Billing
· Epic certification
· Excellent undergraduate academic record (GPA 3.5+)
· Advanced degree in business or health care-related field (e.g., MHA, MBA) from a top tier program
· 2+ years of management consulting experience in a health care related field
· Professional competence in Microsoft PowerPoint and Access
· Superior critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
· Exceptional interpersonal, team-building and communication skills
· Ability to build consensus and foster change in a client business setting
· Commitment to personal and professional growth
· Sense of responsibility to self, team and client
· Outstanding integrity, initiative, creativity, and passion
· Ability to work in an ambiguous environment
· Experience leading or managing teams and change initiatives (especially in a project management role)
· Experience with budgetary responsibilities related to projects or resources
For more information about what it's like to work at Deloitte, visit our You Tube video at#p/u/6/906yyCrCpm0
Patient access, patient financial services, charge capture, charge description master, patient experience, denial prevention, DNFB reduction, capacity management, LOS, length of stay, health information management, claims processing, shared services, hospital, hospital operations, revenue cycle, acute care hospital, academic medical center, financial operations, Epic
As used in this document, Deloitte" means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers.
Disclaimer: If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers'' site (careers.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards, we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at careers.deloitte.com.
Category: Management Consulting