Title: Manager of Commissioning - The Woodlands, TX
Location: TX-The Woodlands
As Manager of Commissioning and Start-up, you will be responsible for planning and directing all onsite activities related to the pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up of new hydrogen plants worldwide. You will direct the efforts of a team to provide technical support and to instruct plant personnel during commissioning and start-up activities to ensure safe and timely start-ups.
Additional responsibilities include:
* Manage a team of start-up engineers.
* Direct and manage field personnel that are assigned to projects including Start-up Engineers, Commissioning Engineers, instrument technicians, electrical technicians and other start-up personnel.
* Provide global support for existing hydrogen plants with process safety compliance, planning and execution of plant turnarounds including plant shutdowns and startups.
* Serve as the primary liaison between plant operations, engineering, and other technical support groups.
* Plan and coordinate resources to complete commissioning and start-up activities. Direct the development of commissioning and start-up plans and schedules. Define scope, objectives and budgets. Organize, plan and prioritize project work.
* Support construction planning to allow quick and efficient commissioning of equipment and systems.
* Coordinate and supervise on-site visits from equipment vendors.
* Coordinate performance tests with contractors and owners.
* Provides technical support to plant operations during special projects and commissioning and plant start-up.
* Lead the resolution of issues such as conflicting design requirements, suitability of materials and similar.
* Lead teams in making complex and/or controversial decisions. Empower others to make decisions.
* Serve as expert resource for other engineers and maintain a thorough knowledge of new technologies.
* Ensure documentation of commissioning and start-up procedures is completed.
* Maintain hours and resource auditing to determine actual commissioning hours vs. unplanned work.
* Coordinate the development and implementation of plant process safety programs prior to plant commissioning and start-up and assists plant operations management with process safety training.
* Promote adherence to process safety standards and regulations, and ensures that projects are executed with compliance in mind.
* Participate in process and plant design safety reviews, P&ID reviews, Management of Change (MOC), and project execution plan.
* Participate in Process Hazards Analysis, Pre-start Safety Reviews, Critical Safety System Checklist, and Operating Procedure Development.
* Participate in scheduled and unscheduled plant shutdowns of hydrogen plants.
* Provide training and instruction to plant personnel on operating procedures and critical safety systems.
* Support the development of new standards and operating procedures. Evaluate and implement step changes to the work process. Identify and share best practices and actively participate in the process of sharing lessons learned.
This position requires significant domestic and international travel. This position is based in Houston, TX.
Education and Experience: An engineering degree is required, with field operation or plant commissioning and start-up experience a must. The successful candidate must possess strong process plant experience, preferably in the petrochemical or power industry, with a minimum of 15 years experience. Experience with steam methane reforming is a plus. Experience with hydrogen pressure swing adsorption units is a plus. This position also requires familiarity with instrumentation and the use of distributive control systems. Candidate must possess strong interpersonal, communication, team building and leadership skills.