Title: ASW Billing Business Analyst Lead - D
Location: USA-SC - Columbia
Position: Accenture Software (Billing) Implementation Business Consultant -- also called Business Analyst (Billing Team)
Organization: Accenture Software (ASW)
Location: Columbia, SC
If you joinAccentureyou can make great ideas happen for some of the world's most dynamic companies. With broad global resources and deep technical know-how, we collaborate with clients to cultivate ideas and deliver results. Choose a career at Accenture and enjoy an innovative environment where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life.
As a key enabler of long term growth for Accenture, Accenture Software (ASW) has the charter to identify, launch, incubate and scale vertical software business opportunities in partnership with Operation Groups, Industries, Growth Platforms or Geographic strategy. This will be achieved through both organic and inorganic opportunities with the immediate positioning of the business under a software operating model key to its short, medium and long term success.
The Software Implementation Business Consultant will ensure that the quality of a developed product has met the acceptance criteria for client delivery by using insurance knowledge and a technical understanding of our products. Independent work is required to plan, design, and execute manual software test cases within the Software Development Life Cycle of an assigned engagement.
.Planning, executing and coordinating testing activities
.Planning, preparing and executing end user product related training
.Gathering client requirements through design workshops, matching with standard product functionality and producing functional design documents using standard approaches and document templates
.Facilitate user design and review sessions and stakeholder agreement meetings, draft FDDs, and work diligently to obtain customer sign-offs for the FDDs
.Support and coordinate during the build phase with the software development team by providing functional expertise
.Create work plans for project delivery which define scope, resource requirements milestones, quality, risk, deliverables and acceptance criteria
.Review project deliverables for completeness and quality, and compliance with established project standards
.Develop implementation proposals using standard tools and processes
.Collaborate with sales team to understand the client's issues that are the impetus for them to look at Accenture's solutions and appropriately map Accenture technology to the client's business drivers
.Support the sales teams as the key product subject matter expert to determine how the product can be integrated into the client's overall technology solution. Articulate further customer specific benefits to be used by the sales team to motivate purchase.
.Understand client requirements and work with Technical Architects to define broad contours of a solution blueprint, and tests alignment of the blueprint with client buyer values
.Provide sales support by leading or assisting with new or existing customer presentations; collaborate with technical team to deliver a set of complex and/or integrated demonstrations or more complex proofs-of-concept
.Shapes competitive messaging in the proposal, ensures solution value drivers are reflected, and ensures proposal terminology and tone are compatible with client culture
.Helps establish delivery credibility and planning the transition strategy; ensures smooth transition from Sales to Delivery at the client location
Customer Relationship and Requirements Development
.Ability to transform customer requirements into a workable design at the functional level
.Build strong customer relationships. Manage expectations at all levels, including customers/end users, and Account Delivery Team(s)
Process Capability Development
.Identify tasks and activities associated with processes and define process scenarios
.In-depth functional knowledge of how functionality can be supported through the technology and familiarity with business process design concepts and principles
.Ability to create process models at all levels (level 0 through level 4)
People Development and Management
.Develop and mentor people, higher levels will act as a career counselor
.Work with team to enhance business and technical knowledge
.Participate in the performance evaluations of others, including direct reports
.Participate in/lead special projects as needed
.Support organization transformation and communication efforts
.Be active and visible at industry events and be viewed as a thought leader within the Consumer Goods industry
.Heavily contribute to knowledge management activities including communities of practice
.Participate in formally defined internal projects as applicable to create, enhance, categorize or update KM collateral
.Proactively contribute collateral to the KM databases
.Achieve sustained target utilization at a percentage applicable to the respective level, consistent with similar positions within Accenture
* Minimum 3 years of implementation experience with P&C Insurance software applications
* Minimum 2 years of experience working in agency and/or direct bill software implementations and/or development lifecycle.
* Business Analyst training or equivalent experience in requirements gathering, estimating, implementation, integration test planning and execution, and User Acceptance Testing definition and execution
Travel requirement is 25% domestic and possibly international.
Additional Preferred Skill Requirements:
* Bachelor's Degree in Business or Computer Science or equivalent work experience and/or certifications in P&C insurance principles for personal and commercial lines
* Experience/knowledge of Agency Bill, Broker Bill, and Direct Bill (both single and account bill)
* Experience/knowledge of commissions processing, cancellations, write-offs and collections
* Experience/knowledge of billing pay plans, payment methods (paper and electronic), Electronic Bill Presentment options, statement reconciliation types, retrospective billing (invoicing, collections, commissions)
* Experience with .Net Solutions and SQL and relational database design
* Experience with XML and XSL Experience with systems integration (Policy, Billing, Claims, Reinsurance,third-party systems)
* Experience and knowledge of statutory reporting basics and implications in Billing
* Experience in inter-system balancing (daily balancing of cash, transactions from Policy Admin system to Billing and General Ledger)
* Experience with implementation of Duck Creek Example Platform solutions for Policy Administration, Billing and/or ASW Claims.
* Experience with peer reviews (providing and accepting constructive critique information)
Professional Skill Requirements
* Proven ability to work independently and as a team member
* Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving environment
* Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
* Must display professionalism and confidence
* Excellent customer service skills
* Strong organizational, multi-tasking and time-management skills
* Excellent negotiation, influence, mediation and conflict management skills
* Excellent business acumen and industry acumen
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer.