LEGAL/EXECUTIVE ASST-IHS LAW
Company: IOWA HEALTH SYSTEM
Facility / Division: NONE
Account: LEGAL SERVICES
Department: IHS LAW DEPT
Employment Status: FULL-TIME REGULAR (FTR)
FTE: Full-Time (FTE: 1.00, Hours: 80)
Location: IOWA HEALTH SYSTEM CORPORATE
1776 WEST LAKES PARKWAY
WEST DES MOINES, IA 50266
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
* Manage projects, email and assignments for multiple attorneys using a great degree of independence in planning, execution and follow up.
* Assist in drafting contracts, amendments, correspondence, PowerPoint presentations, and other documents from disparate pieces of information, often requiring considerable discretion and judgment. Ensure an accurate, high quality work product that meets project timelines.
* Revise legal documents and keep track of versions from multiple authors.
* Manage and assist with transactions, which often involve multiple documents, from start to finish.
* Identify resources needed to complete a project or for day to day law department workflow. Works with attorneys and other staff to obtain the appropriate resources.
* Work with the law department, affiliate staff and leadership in the preparation of materials for various projects ensuring a high level of communication and customer service. Follow up on outstanding issues in order to meet project deadlines.
* A minimum of two years as a legal assistant, paralegal, or legal secretarial experience. Experience with transactions and contracts is strongly preferred; experience with health care law and regulations is encouraged but not required.
* Strong knowledge of and ability to demonstrate project management skills.
* Demonstrated effective communication skills – both written and oral.
* Extensive knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office software applications.
* Ability to set priorities in front of multiple requests.
* Ability to pay close attention to detail and remember details in order to organize projects and communications.
* Effectively communicate in a dynamic environment.
* Legal assistant degree, independent degree or associate degree in related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Add To CartApply Now