Job ID 103459BR
Posting Title Project Manager
Division Over The Counter
Business Unit Over The Counter
Work Location Lincoln, NE
Company/Legal Entity USA Novartis Consumer Health, Inc., Parsippany, NJ
Functional Area Production
Employment Type Regular
Job Description Position Summary:
The role of the Project Manager is to assist in the planning, execution and finalization of projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will participate in the definition of the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
• Help define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders. Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
• Contribute to the development of full-scale project plans, including resource plans, and associated communications documents; plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
• Assist in themanage of project execution, including identifying and managing project dependencies and critical path, tracking progress, milestones and deliverables.
• Assist in the structuring and execution of efficient meeting cadence, agendas, on and off line communication to effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
• Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations; determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
• Help define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
• Participate in project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
• Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals; conduct assessments and make proposals regarding the need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle; where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
• Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary. Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
• Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
• Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel, ensure timely and appropriate execution.
• Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
• Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
• Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
Minimum requirements . University degree or college diploma or technical diploma.
. 1-2 years of work experience managing projects.
. Certifications in Project Management or Six Sigma are favored.
. Strong familiarity with project management software, such as MS Project, Visio, MS Power Point, and MS Excel.
. Solid working knowledge of current Internet technologies, including web and teleconferences.
. Demonstrated experience in personnel management preferred.
. Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential as well as is ability to manage diverse and challenging stakeholders
. Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities, react to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently, flexible during times of change.
. Ability to communicate efficiently with the team members and stakeholders (written and oral)
. Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
Only online applications will be considered. Please contact (402) 467-8808 if you require accommodation under the American''s with Disabilities Act to apply for this position.