Customer Service Representative
RockTenn is one of North America''s leading manufacturers of paperboard, containerboard, consumer and corrugated packaging and one of the world''s largest aper recyclers, with annualized net sales of approximately $10 billion. Over the years, RockTenn has outpaced its peers in revenues, profitability, EBITA and stock price. We''ve done this by creating and following a bold strategy of exceeding our customers'' expectations every time, creating long-term shareholder value and encouraging and rewarding employee excellence.
Since its founding in 1936, RockTenn has focused on developing packaging and paperboard prodeucts thata bring high value to its customers, employees and shareholders. The company now operates 240 facilities across the United States, Canada, Mexico, Chile, Argentine and China. We employee 26,000 employees and are North America''s largest paper recycler, largest display manufacturer, laragest pre-print linerboard producer, 2nd largest producer of containerboard and corrugated packaging, 2nd laragest producer of coated recycled paperboard and 2nd largest producer of folding cartons.
We are seeking a Customer Service Representative in Spartanburg, SC.
* Records and processes orders and/or inquiries received by phone, mail, and/or through customer personal contact.
* Provides pricing, availability, and schedule information with established guidelines.
* Suggests products and/or services to meet customer needs.
* Checks and approves credit within established limitations and confirms orders.
* Works directly with Sales, Accounting, and Production and serves as a communication link between all.
* Tracks order activity and alerts appropriate statff of any potential delivery problems.
* Tracks warehouse inventories and replenishments.
* Attains pricing for any services and materials required for the manufacture of the customer''s product(s) that must be manufactured at a different facility.
* Ability to operate with the customer''s best interest in mind.
* Must be creative, bring improvement ideas to customer and RockTenn plant and packaging design ideas, develop and present innovative ideas and solutions.
* Believes in the RockTenn culture, values, and operating principles at all times. Takes action based upon the best interest of the Company.
* Builds trust with the customer.
* Communicate daily with all appropriate personnel, complete written reports as required on a timely basis;
* Generally requires 3 - 5 years of experience, preferably in the manufacturing industry.
* High School diploma or GED
* College degree preferred
* Good computer skills with MS Office
At RockTenn we seek to be the most respected in the industry. Our employees are committed to exceeding their customers'' expectations -- every time. If you enjoy this shared commitment to excellence and discovering value where others haven''t we would like you to consider RockTen as your employer of choice.
RockTenn Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce.