Title: API Certified Inspector - Equipment Reliability Engineer, Wilmington, DE or Houston, TX
DuPont is looking for bright, talented API Inspectors who have a passion for delivering innovative, sustainable solutions for a healthier and safer life. We currently have opportunities available for dynamic, high performance, site API Certified Inspectors - Equipment Reliability Engineers to be based out of our Wilmington, DE and Houston, TX hubs. These technical professionals will provide their expertise regionally in support of process equipment inspection and maintenance, aligning sites with corporate standards and best practices related to Mechanical Integrity and Quality Assurance (MIQA) programs.
Responsibilities of these positions may include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Develop inspection and test plans for plant equipment;
* Inspect/examine equipment per applicable RAGAGEPs in accord with API 510, 570 and 653 standardsl
* Document and transmit inspection results, making recommendations as appropriate for repair/upgrade/retirement of equipment;
* Manage inspection data in systems such as SAP, Meridium, and UltrapipeŽ;
* Define and approve repairs to service equipment, per RAGAGEPs, potentially including audit and evaluation of contracted repair organizations, and inspection of repair work;
* Participate in Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) and incident investigations related to equipment failures;
* Direct and coordinate the work of contract inspectors/examiners, including audit and evaluation;
* Work with jurisdictional inspectors to ensure local requirements are met;
* Manage inspection and repair documentation, potentially including NDE procedures, welding procedures and inspection plans.
DuPont is a global company of people who make a difference in everyday life. Talented, technically strong, and creative people will find future career paths that are rich and varied. We offer an exciting place to work where thousands of innovations are introduced every year. There are opportunities for growth through involvement in various dynamic industries from high-tech to high-performance; including agriculture, nutrition, electronics, communications, safety and protection, home and construction, transportation, and apparel.
If you are interested in working in the leading edge of your field and have a desire to make a difference, join DuPont and discover the miracles of science.
* API 510, 570, and 653 Certifications;
* 5 years work experience in the fabrication, inspection, and/or repair of petrochemical plant equipment;
* Demonstrated working knowledge of equipment inspection systems and practices, including data management;
* Strong organizational ability to work in multiple sites, prioritize activities, and communicate effectively with operators, mechanics, engineers, and leadership;
* ASNT level II certifications in VT, UT, PT, MT, RT (film);
* Knowledge of applicable RAGAGEPs including ASME, API, ASTM;
* Working knowledge of inspection and equipment management software and Process Safety Management (PSM);
* Understanding and experience in welding, fabrication/repair techniques, and corrosion mechanisms - Certified Welding Inspector preferred;
* Familiarity with standard Microsoft Office software;
* Represent DuPont MIQA Programs and Inspection with internal and external networks and organizations;
* Legal right to work in the United States without restriction.
DuPont is an e-verify employer.
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer.