Our client is seeking a UNIX Software Tester in Denver, Colorado (CO).
Position Description: Thoroughly test software applications in a highly complex UNIX client/server environment. The position will require the candidate to participate in the design, testing, and verification of UNIX Host and Web server applications. The QA Engineer will also be responsible for writing test plans, documenting bugs, and communicating with Development, Operations, and Product Management. This position may also require some programming, specifically UNIX shell and TCL scripting.
Top 3 - 5 Daily Responsibilities:
* Working with developers, other test team members and business Subject Matter Experts to design test scenarios and test cases based on requirements and design
* Manually executing and updating test cases in HP Quality Center
* Reporting detailed test results
* Entering/Managing Defects in HP Quality Center
* Manager prefers local candidates