Title: Chief Engineer- Temporary
Location: CA-Newport Beach
A Chief Engineer will be responsible for shift coverage and therefore must possess strong trouble-shooting skills in all areas of maintenance in guest rooms, meeting space, and front of the house areas, as well as back of house areas including kitchen, laundry, electrical, mechanical and HVAC systems, using a windows based computer system. Ability to read blue prints and schematics is also required.
This job requires the individual to perform both supervisory tasks including scheduling and assigning tasks as well as work assignments.
This is a union position and is temporary (with the possiblity of it turning into a full time position).
* A minimum of 5-years building maintenance experience is required, with hotel experience preferred.
* A strong working knowledge of all major building systems, including life-safety systems, is required for this position.
* Good communication skills are necessary.
* Additionally, this position requires strong leadership skills, and a willingness to work different shifts as the demands of business dictates.
* Ability to lift, carry, push and/or pull heavy items (up to 100 lbs) for a significant length of time
* CPR/First Aid certified preferred