Executive Chef - Palm Springs Aerial Tram - Palm Springs, CA
Location US-CA-Palm Springs
Posted Date 1/14/2013
ARAMARK is a leader in professional services, providing award-winning food services, facilities management, and uniform and career apparel to health care institutions, universities and school districts, stadiums and arenas, and businesses around the world. In 2012, FORTUNE magazine again recognized ARAMARK on its list of “World’s Most Admired Companies.” ARAMARK has consistently ranked since 1998 as one of the top three most admired companies in its industry as evaluated by peers and analysts. Also in 2012, ARAMARK was honored as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. ARAMARK seeks to responsibly address issues that matter to its clients, customers, employees and communities by focusing on employee advocacy, environmental stewardship, health and wellness, and community involvement. Headquartered in Philadelphia, ARAMARK has approximately 250,000 employees serving clients in 22 countries. Learn more at the company''s Web site,www.aramark.com, orwww.twitter.com/aramarknews.
ARAMARK Sports and Entertainment:
The Sports and Entertainment division within ARAMARK Corporation serves more than 200 premier stadiums, arenas, convention centers and concert venues. Since 1975 we''ve created culinary memories throughout the United States. The secret to our success is that we start with great food and a well managed facility. We understand that ensuring a memorable experience for our customers goes far beyond the food we serve.
We are currently seeking an Executive Chef for the ARAMARK operation at Palm Springs Aerial Tram, located in Palm Springs, CA.
* Leadership position responsible for all culinary operations in a multi-unit, multi-million dollar sports complex comprised of restaurants, banquets, catering, concessions, and warehousing.
* Train, manage and develop Sous Chefs and culinary staff members.
* Partner with the Executive Steward, estimate food consumption, purchase food in a warehouse setting, manage vendor relationships, select and develop recipes, standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality, establish presentation technique and quality standards, plan and price menus, ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance and ensure proper safety and sanitation in kitchen.
* Offer culinary instruction and demonstrate culinary techniques and consult with clients.
* Directly supervises the culinary staff with responsibility for hiring, discipline, performance reviews, initiating pay increases and is responsible for the continuous development of the staff.
* The Executive Chef will report directly to the ARAMARK General Manager.
* Selects and develops recipes.
* May cook selected items no more than 20% of the time.
* Training and development of culinary staff regarding new concepts, food management, and safety.
* Culinary degree required.
* A minimum of 4-8 years of culinary management experience in a multi-unit environment including restaurants, concessions and a minimum of $3 million in banquet/catering volume is required.
* Ability to manage simultaneous events and a large staff in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer services is essential to success in this role.
* Previous experience with profit and loss accountability, control of food and labor cost, high banquet volume, menu development and pricing, vendor relations, and development of culinary team is required for both positions.
* This ia a full time, year-round position.
* Candidate must be willing to be hands on with staff and operations and be willing to work event-based hours that include nights, weekends and holidays.
Interested in this opportunity?
* Apply Now!
* Email this job to a friendARAMARK is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer.