Title: Seasonal Forklift Operator (Temporary)
Location: US-CA-Palm Springs-Cabazon
We are currently seeking aSeasonal Forklift Operatorto join our team in our manufacturing and distribution facility located in Cabazon, CA. This is a temporary role needed for various shifts.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
* Safely operate a forklift to move raw materials or finished products to the warehouse or onto trucks for distribution to customers
* Complete pre-trip inspections and maintain energy source for lift
* Operate, changeover, clean, troubleshoot, and complete basic maintenance on palletizing equipment
* Conduct hourly quality checks and inspect full goods and pallets or other raw materials as needed
* Complete and maintain quality, inventory and preventative maintenance documentation
* Use scanning equipment to ensure accurate tracking of inventory within the facility
* Work as a team with other forklift drivers to prevent line stoppages and improve operations
* Maintain work area in an organized and clean manner ensuring safety and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
* Monitor and track equipment downtime, equipment output and other key metrics
* Meet or exceed performance goals, including pallets/labor hour, line loading and truck turn time
* Interact with production and warehouse team members, quality control and maintenance to maximize output and efficiency
* Cross train to perform other lift and off lift activities as required
* Provide vacation coverage to team members
Key qualifications include:
* High school diploma or GED
* Two or more years prior forklift experience with a solid safety record, ideally in a fast paced forklift environment
* Prior exposure to manufacturing desired, preferably the food or beverage industry with knowledge of GMPs
* Solid computer skills, including Word, Excel, Outlook and the use of warehouse management systems (WMS) and business management software, SAP preferred
* Demonstrated sense of urgency and comfort working in a fast pace forklift environment
* Ability to work independently or with a team with solid communication skills
* Solid problem solving and decision making skills
* Ability to move/lift 50 lbs various times over a 12 hour shift, basic math and reading skills
* Willingness to work holidays and weekends as we are a 24/7 business operating through most weekends and holidays
* Ability to successfully complete an online skills assessment prior to onsite interview
* Successful completion of a post offer physical, drug screen and background check are required
* Willingness and ability to work in a warehouse with minimal temperature control, exposed to local temperature variations (hold & cold)
This is a tremendous opportunity! We offer the opportunity to gain experience in a leading company!
Nestle Waters North America (NWNA) is the largest bottled water company in the United States , distributing 7 of the top 10 brands in North America. We have the #1 national brand, Nestle Pure Life and many of the nation''s strongest regional brands, including Poland Spring, Arrowhead, Ozarka, Deer Park , Zephyrhills and Ice Mountain. We also offer the much loved bottled teas of Sweet Leaf Tea and TradeWinds. We also have the strength of Nestle, the world's largest food company, behind us.
Putting safety and quality first as we deliver the right product, to the right customer, on time, every time is what we do every day in our operations. Our competitive differentiator is our people who make it happen! Our Supply Chain organization is recognized as best in class in safety, quality, production, packaging, labor, warehouse productivity, payload, and order fill rate. We also lead the way in sustainability with the smallest environmental footprint in the beverage category. As we pursue TPM, we expect to further enable our people to drive excellence in all areas.
For company news and information, please visitwww.nestlewatersnorthamerica.com.You can find us on Facebook under Nestle Waters North America Careers, on LinkedIn at Nestle Waters North America and Twitter @NestleWatersJob.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job: Logistics/Supply Chain/Distribution/Transportation
Organization: Nestle Waters North America