Title: Senior Quality Engineer
Location: California-Palm Springs-Palm Springs - Bird Center Dr
Job Title:Senior Engineer, Quality
Life-changers Work Here Carefusion Life-changers find innovative ways to improve our customer''s ability to provide healthcare to their patients. One way is our search for bold and inspired employees across the globe. Are you ready to change lives? Join our 15,000 employees to help clinicians solve some of healthcare''s most critical challenges. Visit with some of our Life-changers here!
This position will be responsible for the quality aspects of the Factory Service organization in the CareFusion Palm Springs facility. The position requires experience in quality engineering as it relates to service and manufacturing processes. The Senior Quality Engineer requires a working knowledge of quality engineering principles and best practices, as well as knowledge of FDA and ISO regulations and requirements. The ability to work with a moderate amount of guidance from the manager or a Principle Quality engineer is expected of this position.
Job Family Summary
Quality Engineering is responsible for product and service quality evaluation and control. Works cross-functionally in the development and or maintenance of products or services. The Engineer is involved in resolving the equipment and process-related service and production issues, activities including equipment, process, materials and method validation as well as statistical analysis and metrics to analyze those systems and processes being measured.
What is expected of you for success in your role
* Demonstrates working knowledge of quality engineering policies, principles and best practices
* Demonstrates working knowledge of FDA/ISO requirements
* Applies statistical sample size calculations to work for quality determination on projects of intermediate scope/complexity
* Applies working understanding of regulatory requirements (cGMP, FDA, ISO, etc.) to support work with minimal supervision
* Writes test protocol, tests, collects data, and writes reports to validate against plan to ensure product is used as intended
* Bachelor''s degree preferred 2-4 years experience
* Experience in respiratory care or with the manufacture of electromechanical devices is desirable.
* Experience or certification in Lean Six-Sigma highly desired