Title: Financial Analyst, RIS - Marsh & McLennan Companies Corporate - Urbandale, IA
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providingadvice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital. It is the parent company of a number of the world's leading risk experts and specialty consultants, including Marsh, the insurance broker and risk advisor; Guy Carpenter, the risk and reinsurance specialist; Mercer, the provider of HR and related financial advice and services; and Oliver Wyman, the management consultancy. With over 50,000 employees worldwide and annual revenue of approximately $10 billion, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 100 countries. Its stock (ticker symbol: MMC) is listed on the New York, Chicago and London stock exchanges.
Marsh & McLennan Companies Corporate serves as an internal business function providing infrastructure and operational services to our family of companies. Through a shared vision and best practices, we provide efficient and sustainable solutions to meet internal customer business needs. We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to join our team!
As theFinancialAnalystof the Controllers department of Marsh & McLennan Companies Corporate, you will be responsible for:
* Prepares financial reports, analyses, or forecasts.
* Prepares, creates or verifies journal entries or monthly financial statements.
* Supports internal clients with analysis support.
* May assist in analyzing the general ledger or reconciling balance sheet accounts.
* Assists in the preparation of ad-hoc analyses and data gathering.
* May be responsible for budget reporting, general ledger activities and other variances.
* Researches questions and responds in a prompt, professional manner.
* May assist in performing Sarbanes-Oxley testing.
* May assist in development of methodologies for department allocations.
* May prepare semi-annual client profitability analysis.
* May prepare invoices, new business pricing and handle carrier billing documents.
* Other duties as assigned.
* College Degree in accounting/finance required.
* Minimum of 2 years financial analysis.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively interact with internal and external customers.
* Demonstrated organizational and time-management skills to handle multiple tasks.
* Detail oriented to ensure accuracy.
* Excellent problem solving skills.
* Ability to analyze and interpret data and reach a conclusion.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office.
* Strong computer skills and the ability to navigate through multiple systems without assistance.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension and 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at:
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at:www.mmc.com/diversity.