Title: Mammography/Radiologic Technologist -Perry Iowa-FT (days) occ wknd
Job Number: 1300003434
Independently performs mammography procedures under the direction of a Radiologist and/or manager in a highly technical and professional manner.
· Performs mammography procedures on scheduled shifts, operates mammography equipment.
· Provides care to neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
· Provides patient/family or caregiver education and counseling in recognition and solution of physical, emotional, and environmental health problems.
· Maintains open and positive communication with staff, physicians, and other departments.
· Instructs, supervises, and evaluates student technologists.
· Presents a positive image to community and professional contacts.
· Promotes professionalism with the department, hospital, and community; acts as a role model.
· Demonstrates proficiency in performing all exams according to protocol. Maintains the physical environment of the department in a clean, well-stocked, orderly manner.
· Operates equipment in a safe and efficient manner, reporting any malfunctions to manager/Bio-med.
· Manages and coordinates the activities of the Mammography Department with other areas of the department and hospital to insure and maintain patient care.
· Demonstrates proper phone etiquette and utilization of computers, including completion of exam data entry.
· Complies with OSHA/JCAHO and other regulatory agency recommendations and guidelines.
· Complies with all quality assurance procedures in accordance with FDA, MQSA program.
· Attends hospital and department meetings and inservices.
Maintains confidentiality regarding all patient/personnel information.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
· Successful completion of an accredited two year Radiologic Technology program.
· Registry eligible or Registered Radiologic Technologist (R)
· Maintains active registry status in ARRT
· Maintains current Iowa Permit to Practice
· Participates in professional society (i.e., ISRT or SCD)
· 1 CEU per year in Radiation Safety/24 CEU's every 2 years
· Basic Life Support (BLS) for the Healthcare Provider certified or obtained within three (3) months of hire.
Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter abuse training specific to population serve within three (3) months of hire.
* Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times
* Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
Reverence:Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Integrity:Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Compassion:Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Excellence:Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
* Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times
* Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines
* Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members
* Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Job: Licensed/Registered Medical Professionals (Non-Nursing)
Status: Full Time