PATIENT ACCT REP-FOLLOWUP
Company: IOWA HEALTH SYSTEM
Facility / Division: NONE
Department: CBO - Government
Employment Status: FULL-TIME REGULAR (FTR)
FTE: Full-Time (FTE: 1.00, Hours: 80)
Shift: 8:30AM - 5PM
Location: IHS CENTRAL BILLING OFFICE
6200 THORNTON AVENUE
DES MOINES, IA 50321
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
* Follow up to all third party payers and self pay
accounts documenting appropriate information thoroughly on accounts.
* Institutes necessary action to edit lists daily to
ensure completed claims are submitted for payment in a timely manner.
* Processes re-bill accounts as appropriate.
* Alerts managers of any edits that may improve the
* Demonstrate a professional image in dealing with the
public, patients, families, and vendors.
* File all secondary insurance claims with appropriate
EOB's daily to avoid timely denials.
* Obtains required attachments for claims forms from the
* Perform credit-balance accounts on a weekly basis.
* Maintain working knowledge of the Billing Office
policies and procedures for accurate handling of patient accounts.
* Maintains regular and consistent attendance at work.
* Maintain compliance with Safety (OSHA) and Risk
* Maintain compliance with Personnel policies and
* Behave in a manner consistent with all Corporate Compliance policies and
* 10 key calculator skills required.
* Ability to type 30 WPM.
* Ability to read, speak, and write fluent English.
* Data entry experience preferred.
* Previous medical billing experience preferred.
* Previous experience with filing of medical insurance
* Familiarity with computers (Microsoft Office
* General office experience desirable.
* Ability to work as a team member, creating and
maintaining effective working relationships.
* Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies
* Proficient math skills.
High School graduate or equivalent.
Add To CartApply Now