Title: Security Officer-Security PT .5 Days
Location: IA-Des Moines-Mercy Medical Center
Under the supervision of the Director of Security, the Security Officer is responsible to patrol all assigned areas of the facility. The Officer must respond to all calls/Emergency codes immediately, following protocol that has been established in existing policy. The Officer must enforce facility rules and regulations as directed. Officers will do investigations and inform managers of results. The Security Officers Will also inform the Director of safety issues and ensure the functioning of radios, vehicles and Life Safety Equipment. Security Officers will also assist our customers and other duties as assigned.
* Ensures the safety of hospital property, staff, patients, physicians and visitors by assessing activities on hospital grounds.
* Makes rounds to assigned areas according to established policy and procedure as evidenced by documentation. Visits all units daily to determine security requirements.
* Initiates appropriate action when encountering an unsafe situation as evidence by observation, feedback and documentation.
* Monitors the parking areas to ensure adequate parking and safety of visitors and vehicles.
* Determines the patient census daily and establishes parking priorities for patients, visitors and associates.
* Patrols parking areas as assigned and according to established policy and procedure as evidenced by documentation, observation and feedback.
* Responds to emergency situations and calls.
* Responds to emergency situations and calls according to established policy and procedure as evidenced by documentation, observation and feedback.
* Interviews patients, visitors and associates to obtain information relative to security and safety reports as the incidents occurs.
* Completes all incident reports accurately as evidenced by documentation.
* Contributes to the effective operation of the department.
* Prioritizes daily assignments according to tasks and areas assigned.
* Makes timely reports on problems or activities that affect security and safety.
* Maintains department vehicles and equipment, making minor repairs as necessary.
* High school graduate or equivalent.
* Graduate of police academy or security course preferred.
* A minimum of six (6) months police or security experience preferred.
* Valid state driver's license.
* Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times
* Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
Reverence : Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Integrity : Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Compassion : Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Excellence : Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
* Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times
* Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines
* Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members
* Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Job: Facilities Operations
Status: Part Time