Title: IT Managed Security Services Tech Consultant
Location: United States-Texas-Plano
Job Number: 997321
Hewlett-Packard Enterprise Security Services Managed Security Services Americas Security & Service Operations Centre (HP ESS MSS AMS SOC)
Provide high quality service support/change to HP ESS MSS AMS SOC Clients.
This position is based in the Plano SMC AMS SOC located in Plano, Texas USA, working within our fast paced Security Service Operations Centre.
Although this role is office based there is a requirement that the candidate be able to drive and have their own transportation. This is due to the location of the office and the On-call off shift hours that may be required for HP ESS MSS AMS SOC business and client support.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Working incidents based on standard service measures.
- Attending technical training to retain skill levels across the HP ESS MSS AMS SOC Portfolio.
- Provide technical support to clients across the HP ESS MSS AMS SOC Portfolio.
- Liaise with vendors to support client devices and environments
- Support clients via telephone and electronic mail.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate clearly in writing and verbally
- Successfully resolve technical issues (hardware and software) from incoming internal or external businesses and end user''s contacts and proactive notification systems.
- Respond to service, product, technical, and customer relations questions on subjects such as features, specifications, and repairs on current and discontinued products, parts, and options, based on customer entitlement (warranty through mission-critical).
- Proactively assist internal or external businesses and end users to avoid or reduce problem occurrence.
- Evaluate unique or complex installations or configurations and make recommendations for resolution. Review and may resolve complex business issues.
- Engages team members for support as required to ensure internal or external business and end users/clients Service Level Agreements (SLA) demands are met
- Confident and eager to take on additional more complex tasks
- Ability to act as a mentor and guide other employees. Ability to provide direction and guidance to process improvements.
-Ability to articulate clearly, recommend and explain resolutions /clients.
- Ability to act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process.
- Has the knowledge and confidence to act as point of expertise and trusted advisor for peers and customers alike
- Understand and utilize Information Technology Information Library (ITIL).
- Comfortable managing technical issue as well as customer business impact and ability to blend and appreciate these aspects in communication with customer
Education and Experience Required:
* College Degree required or equivalent experience, 5-7 years experience in relevant technologies and customer environments.
* 3 years IT Experience of customer delivery/customer service
* 3 Technical Industry Standard Certifications in Security and/or Network.
* Network and/or Security Operations Centre Industry Experience
* Relevant industry qualification where applicable.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
* 3 Years IT experience
* Excellent Documentation Skills
* Working knowledge of Network and/or Security Technologies
* Experience in a Support Environment
* Experience of working within a team environment
* Working knowledge of different Firewall platforms, available with experience of configuring/managing at least the following:
* CISCO PIX/ASA
* Working knowledge of Checkpoint products, F5 products, Bluecoat products, and Juniper products
* Working knowledge of IDS/IPS, VPN Technologies, Authentication Software, Microsoft and Citrix environments
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills in language to be supported
* Advanced and evidence of trouble-shooting skills in a technical environment
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
* Evidence of dealing with escalations
* Advanced Software and hardware knowledge of computing, storage and peripheral devices
* Advanced proficiency with case management databases and tools
* Superior customer service skills
* Telephone and remote support experience. E-support experience, knowledge, and resolution ability
* Ability to solve and document solutions for usage of other technicians and customers
* Ability to mentor new engineers
* Ability to train peers on solutions
* Ability to take full ownership for resolution and escalated customers
* Ability to lead technical action plans
* Lead or provide expertise to teams or projects.
* Highly Developed knowledge of more complex solutions.