id="tms_job_12-198-302">Medical Scientist, Xyrem
Job Description :
The Medical Scientist position serves as the primary field-based scientific expert for Jazz Pharmaceuticals'' products. Medical Scientists establish and maintain scientific and clinical relationships with medical professionals, researchers, payor groups, and other members of the scientific community in alignment with a therapeutic area of focus. The Medical Scientist team in conjunction with the Director, Medical Scientists and the Executive Director, Medical Affairs, will integrate their scientific expertise and knowledge in all interactions, and ensure compliant and successful scientific communication and education in disease states of interest to Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
* Provide field-based scientific exchange and communication of FDA approved and pipeline products
* In support of FDA approved products, work within the Medical Scientist team’s objectives and plan of action
* Identify, establish, and maintain scientific relationships with opinion leaders regarding disease-state and product-specific information
* Educate payers (Health plans, Medicare, Medicaid), key decision makers (P&T members, opinion leaders, pharmacists), agents (specialty pharmacy, GPO, and PBMs); differentiate products based on clinical (efficacy & side effect profiles) and economic data to support formulary decisions
* Facilitate scientific development of pipeline compounds at research centers, and secure the company’s presence in the designated therapeutic areas
* Support the clinical operations organization, as needed, in Jazz Pharmaceuticals sponsored research
* Serve as primary liaison with investigators interested in developing and performing investigator initiated research
* Cross-functional nature of role requires close alignment with the Medical Affairs, Commercial, and Clinical Development groups
* Document and forward reports of adverse events according to Jazz’s policy to ensure safe and effective use of Jazz Pharmaceuticals'' products
* Attend and provide scientific support of Medical Affairs activities and scientific sessions at regional and national congress meetings.
Job Requirements :
* Advanced medical scientific degree (PharmD, MD, DO, or PhD) with minimum 5 years experience in the pharmaceutical industry. Preference will be given those within the therapeutic areas of Sleep, Neurology, or Psychiatry; however, other relevant backgrounds will be considered.
* Thorough understanding of applicable federal and state regulatory requirements for field-based scientific personnel
* Demonstrated ability to develop trust and relationships with opinion leaders in disease states of interest
* Ability to effectively communicate scientific data to both internal and external customers, including opinion leaders and managed care organizations
* Collaborative, team-based approach; ability to network and partner with internal and external stakeholders, including medical opinion leaders, academic institutions, large group practices, managed care organizations, medical directors and pharmacy directors in institutional practices
* Ability to travel 50-60% of the time, as needed.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals currently does not sponsor work permits. All eligible candidates for employment must currently be eligible to work for any employer within the United States. Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.