Title: Software Systems Developer
Contribute to multiple efforts to modernize Link''s user interface solutions within the Total Training Systems (TTS) product portfolio
* Support the derivation of TTS application requirements associated with UI applications
* Design graphical user interfaces and experiences, including navigation, workflows, and clear communication of intended priorities on a screen
* Estimate hours and construct schedules that include all dependencies for development and integration tasks
* Report weekly status associated with budget and schedule and proactively address areas not on plan
* Allocate tasks to junior developers and guide their development to ensure efficient team productivity is achieved
* Effectively communicate with stakeholders
L-3 Link Simulation & Training(L-3 Link) is a division of L-3 Corporation. Headquartered in Arlington, TX, L-3 Link has over 2,500 employees worldwide providing Total Training Solutions to government and commercial customers. Our Core capabilities include development of flight simulator devices, mission training for military pilots, commercial pilot training, and schoolhouse development and operation.
Headquartered in New York City, L-3 employs approximately 51,000 people worldwide and is a prime contractor in C3ISR (Command, Control, Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance) systems, aircraft modernization and maintenance, and national security solutions. L-3 is also a leading provider of a broad range of electronic systems used on military and commercial platforms.
* Bachelor''s degree in related discipline or equivalent
* 4 years full engineering lifecycle associated with designing user interfaces; including 5 new development
* 3 years defining UX via wireframes, mockups, and/or prototypes
* 3 years developing applications that use J2EE, EJB, JSP, XML, DHTML, Web services
* 3 years cross-browser compatibility development
* 3 years experience leading small teams (2-5) of developers
* 3 years experience with relational databases (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL)
* General experience with Web/App servers
* Ability to communicate very clearly and easily with users, application developers, and management
* Demonstrated ability to manage context switches
L-3 is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L-3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L-3 maintains a drug free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage veterans, disabled veterans, and disabled individuals to apply for any open position for which they believe they are qualified.