Title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: North America-United States-NC-Elizabethtown
Engineering tech in Sustainment Engineering is responsible for supporting the specification, design, development, and validation of electrical, mechanical, or electro-mechanical products for military, industrial, and commercial markets. Responsible for creating andupdating designs and drawings using Solidworks. Participate in UL, CSA, CE and other product testing, data analysis and reporting. Requires creativity, accuracy, problem solving and strong time and project management skills.
* Support manufacturing as a technical resource.
* Define, design, develop, test, and validate products and engineering work as assigned.
* Comprehensive documentation responsibility including, but not limited to, generating and updating detailed engineering drawings, Bill of Materials, test reports, and product validation plans.
* Participate in troubleshooting, Failure Analysis, Root Cause, and Corrective Action processes as required.
* Work with cross-functional departments in the efforts of product realization.
* Drawings changes and creation using various media: Paper, Scans, ACAD, Solidworks, CADKEY
* Product documentation and structuring through Bill of Materials and Engineering Change Notices
* 4 year degree in mechanical engineering
* 0-3 years of experience in a product engineering work environment. including, but not limited to, product design, testing, detailed drawings, and use of document release systems.
* Experience working in multi-discipline team framework with formal project planning.
* 0-3 yrs (preferred) solid modeling experience creating parts in 3D
* Mapics and JDEdwards experience desirable
SPECIAL SKILLS/CERTIFICATIONS/REQUISITES :
* US Citizenship
* Solidworks or other relevant 3D CAD experience
* Ability to work in team framework.
* Results oriented