Day Care Specialist Requisition Number 7278
Location Name Denison Job Corps
Address 10 Opportunity Drive
City Denison State/Province Iowa
Zip code 51442
Reports to the manger, solo parent program. Responsible for coordinating activities in a designated unit of children in compliance with government and management directives.
1. Organize, provide and lead activities for children ages six weeks to twelve developing self-esteem and positive self-image. Encourage the development of positive social interaction skills, creative expression and communication skills, large and small motor skills and intellectual growth.
2. Hold regular parent/teacher conferences every three months to discuss each child''s individual progress of physical, emotional, social and mental growth. Document the child''s development with a copy given to the parent and a copy retained in the child''s file.
3. Keep working area and children in clean and neat condition at all times.
4. Make simple games and toys and perform minor repairs.
5. Comply with safety and health regulations at all times
6. Serve/feed bottles, baby food, snacks and meals to children as directed
High school diploma or equivalent and one year teaching experience or a supervised practicum in licensed child care centers enrolling infants or toddlers, or Licensed Practical Nurse and six months experience in pediatrics or in a licensed child care center working with infants and toddlers, or a child development associate credential in infant/toddler care. Must hold current health certificate in the state of employment or receive one within 30 days of hire. Must pass all Iowa State Department of Human Services criteria pertaining to health history, personal behavior and police records. Valid driver''s license with an acceptable driving record.
EEO M/F V/D
Interested and qualified candidates may apply at their local Workforce Development Center or apply online @www.mtcjobs.com. Any questions contact Human Resources @ 712-263-2378.