Electrical Engineers in Engineering & Services Department, Electrical & Instrumentation / Distributed Control Systems (E&I/DCS) Group, provide electrical engineering technical support for plant operating and maintenance departments. The engineers also provide electrical engineering support for capital projects including (1) definition of the electrical scope of project, (2) input to estimates, design and specification of equipment, and (3) other needed capital project services. Individuals in this role maintain expertise in assigned functional areas of general electrical power and high voltage electrical distribution systems. The engineer also maintains corporate and site standards related to assigned functional areas, aligning these with PIP and other industry standards as applicable.
* Provide electrical engineering technical support, primarily for the Texas site, but for other sites as requested
* Identify opportunities for improved instrumentation or electrical services (e.g., quality, cost, reliability)
* Maintain technical expertise in assigned functional areas related to high voltage electrical distribution equipment.
* Provide training to operating departments and Control Systems Mechanics related to assigned functional areas
* Provide forecast cost and schedule estimates for capital and maintenance projects
* Determine scope of work for electrical/instrumentation portion of projects
* Provide engineering design and specifications to support procurement and construction activities for projects
* Lead and/or participate on standards teams to develop standards and practices to be used for Eastman capital and maintenance projects
* Interpret codes and standards related to functional areas of expertise
* Participate with E&I team members on improvement projects related to E&I processes
* Provide on-call E&I support for plant operations
* Perform above duties with attention to safety in both work practices and design
* Perform above duties with a focus on team work and customer satisfaction
* Prioritize work assignments based on the safety, environmental, regulatory, and economic value to Eastman
Job Qualification / Skills
General Electrical Engineering and Project Management Skills, including:
Electrical System Design
Electrical Motors and Motor Controls
* Ability to work effectively in a team environment with personnel from diverse backgrounds
* Ability to effectively handle a large volume of important or urgent issues in a timely manner
* Ability to effectively self-manage a very demanding workload
* Ability to effectively represent Eastman interest with outside groups, companies, and agencies
* Very high level of initiative
* Very service oriented and customer focused
* Strong commitment to personnel and process safety
* Good written and oral communication skills
* Good team leadership skills
* Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
* Good judgment
* Good planning and organizing skills
Bachelor (BS) or Master's (MS) degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university is required.
A minimum of four years experience in electrical system design/maintenance and electrical power distribution system design/maintenance in the electrical utility industry, petrochemical industry or petroleum refinery industry is desired.
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Eastman Chemical Company is an E-Verify employer.