Sr. Python Developer - The Rackspace Cloud - 19338
This details all the information about the job posting. To submit your resume, click on the ''Submit your Resume to this Job'' button.
Sr. Python Developer - The Rackspace Cloud
US-TX-Austin Austin, TX 78753, US
First Shift/Day Shift
We are looking for a software developer who will be responsible for designing and developing software for large-scale cloud based services. You will be given the opportunity and challenge to participate and contribute to OpenStack. You will work with a team of energetic individuals who are passionate about making Rackspace the leading innovator and provider in cloud computing. You will work in a dynamic team environment to develop high quality releases using the agile software development methodology. Passion for software development and quality is a must!
- Translate product vision and requirements into software design
- Write clean, maintainable code following best practices (unit testing, source control, continuous integration, automation, design patterns, etc.)
- Debug code and troubleshoot problems
- Collaborate with other developers, testers, and system engineers to ensure quality product enhancements
- Follow Agile Scrum methodology
- 5 to 10 years overall professional software development experience
- 3+ years of scripting language development experience (Python, Ruby, Perl, PHP, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience working in a Linux/Unix development environment
- Experience with design principles (patterns, cohesion/coupling, S.O.L.I.D.)
- Experience with good engineering practices (test driven development, continuous integration and pair programming, etc.)
- Ability (and enthusiasm) in mentoring less experienced developers
The preferred candidate has:
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Experience integrating distributed systems through Web based APIs
- Experience developing in Java or C#
- Experience with relational databases (preferably MySQL)
- Experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum, XP, Lean, Kanban, etc.)
- Familiarity with continuous integration and continuous deployment concepts
- Experience building highly scalable, NoSQL based data stores
Rackspace, a world leader in hosting delivers enterprise-level managed hosting, cloud hosting, and e-mail hosting services to businesses of all types and sizes globally. Today we serve thousands of customers from data centers around the world. Rackspace integrates the industry''s best technologies and practices for each customer''s specific needs delivering it as a service via the company''s commitment to Fanatical SupportŪ. We serve as an extension of our customers'' IT departments enabling them to focus on their core business. Rackspace was founded in 1998 and since then has had significant growth year after year. There are now over 3,000 Rackers employed worldwide dedicated to providing customers our premier hosting services.
Rackspace Hosting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
Type of Job(*US Only)