Title: Customer Service Representative - International
Location: North America-United States-PA-Altoona
Travel Required - less than 5%Purpose of Position
Responsible for interfacing with international and internal customers on assigned product lines, resolving order discrepancies, entering orders and other related customer service functions. Also responsible for adhering to company export compliance policies including ensuring transactions pass export compliance checks and managing the orders from receipt to shipment.
· Handle customers inquires and resolve issues adhering to company and/or departmental policies and procedures ensuring customer satisfaction.
· Reviewing Tenders (Bids) and providing input to various departments as required.
· Reviewing Letters of Credit and provide requested changes to end customer to comply.
· Processing customer purchase orders and/or orders from internal customers.
· Manage process for selling non Veeder-Root products to various customers.
· Coordinate shipments with freight forwarders including determining the number and size of containers needed and scheduling the containers.
· Prepare and disseminate, as required, export documents.
· Coordination with manufacturing facility on customer issues, large orders or large projects.
· Knowledge of product lines to answer customer questions and process purchase orders.
· Ensure Voice of the Customer is forwarded to Manager, Customer Service.
· Effective time management, planning, organization, tracking and follow-up to ensure customers and/or assignments are resolved and/or responded to in a timely manner.
· Independent problem solving and decision making.
· Managing multiple priorities and tasks.
· Interacting with associates in various areas throughout the organization.
· Identifying improvements to systems and/or processes utilizing the Danaher Business System (DBS) tools.
· Participation on Kaizens (workshops).
· Other duties as assigned by Manager, Customer Service.Relationships
· Reports to Manager, Customer Service
· Work with other CSR's and shipping department
· Work with Altoona engineering, materials, purchasing, quality, finance, and production.
· Work with Marketing and Simsbury Finance.
· Work with Sales Organization.
· Work with Distributors and Customers.
· Work with Freight Forwarders
· Work with freight companies
· Report directly to the Product Development Manager of Pumping and Containment.
· Works directly with the new product development team consisting of design engineers, designers, technicians, supply chain, operations, and test engineers.
· Collaborate globally with other company divisions and partners to leverage expertise and core competencies into new product platforms to achieve project deliverables.Measures of Performance
Ensures the success of his/her objectives as measured by the items below.
· Orders received are entered the same day
· Customer correspondence answered within 24 hours
· Phone calls answered within 3 rings
· Transactional accuracy of 99.5%.Background and Skills
· Associates degree in Business and/or 5 years related Customer Service experience.
· Superior computer skills with focus on MS Word, Excel and E-mail.
· Typing speed of 50 WPM.
· Superior oral and written communication skills.
· Superior organizational skills.
· Must be multi-tasked oriented and able to work in a fast paced environment.
· Superior Customer Service skills to professionally interface with customers.
· Knowledge of international business.
· 5-10 Years experience in new product development
· Proven track-record managing large, multidiscipline project schedules.
· BS in Mechanical Engineering
· PMP or PMI certification
· Extensive knowledge in product design and verification techniques
· Ability to maneuver in CAD, Pro-Engineer preferred
· Statistical and predictive experience with tools such as DOE, DFSS, FMEA
· Basic knowledge of control systems, sensors and instrumentationPersonal Trait Profile
· Motivated Self Starter
· Analytical thinker
· Ability to be persuasive in difficult discussions
· Detailed oriented