Title: Dental Resident - Dental Clinic - Full Time - Days
Location: PA-Reading-Medical Center - Downtown
Provide Dental services and contribute to the design and delivery of high quality, cost effective, values- based patient care for our patients.
* Communicate accurate and pertinent information with patient care providers and other members of the care delivery team to facilitate effective and efficient patient care.
* Participate in and provide on-call" services after hours in accordance with schedules to be determined by the facility so that coverage during weeknight, weekends and holidays is maintained so that continuous, uninterrupted adequate patient care is provided.
* Prepare medical record entries as required by facility policies, medical staff by-laws and regulatory authorities.
* Participate in medical staff/hospital committees as appropriate.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, staff and the public.
* Ability to demonstrate effective time management, office and departmental organization, exercising good judgment, problem solving and decision-making skills.
* Ability to work effectively under pressure and to use discretion with confidential data that may impact staff and operation of the facility.
* Facilitate patient education and maintain positive patient relations.
* Must live close enough to the facility to provide timely care for patients (must be within 30 minutes for on-call and call-back purposes).
* Dental Degree from an accredited Dental school of Medicine is required.
* Must have successfully completed a residency program.
* Two-plus years of experience in field of practice is preferred.
* Must be board certified and currently possess a non-restricted license in this state.
* Must possess current, valid federal and state narcotics certificates.
* Current BLS certification required.
* Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times
* Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
Reverence: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Integrity: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Compassion: Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Excellence: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
* Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times
* Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines
* Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members
* Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Status: Full Time