Director, Business Development CATALYST
Title: Director, Business Development CATALYST State/Territory/Province: US-PA
Location: Corporate Office Department/Function: US VWR CATALYST
Location City: Radnor Last updated: 11/1/12 5:15 PM
VWR International, LLC, is a global distributor of laboratory supplies and services whose reach and range focus on customer value. Headquartered in Radnor, Pa., with worldwide sales in excess of $4.1 billion in 2011, VWR delivers a world of supplies and services that accelerate science through the distribution of a highly diversified product line to most of the world's top pharmaceutical and biotech companies, as well as industrial, educational and governmental organizations. With more than 150 years of industry experience, VWR offers a well-established distribution network that reaches thousands of specialized labs and facilities across the globe. VWR has over 8,000 associates, in more than 25 countries working to streamline the way researchers stock and maintain their labs. With a client base spanning North America, Europe and Asia, VWR is firmly positioned to maintain a strong global presence. In addition, VWR further supports its customers by providing on-site services, storeroom management, product procurement, supply chain systems integration and technical services.
In addition to being a part of a global organization, VWR offers its associates competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits designed to help them stay healthy, plan for the future, prepare for the unexpected and balance the demands of work and home. VWR offers an outstanding benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with a generous company matching contribution; medical, dental and life insurance; short- and long-term disability; EAP (employee assistance program); flexible spending account (FSA); holiday/vacation time; work/life balance programs; and education assistance.
At VWR, our associates are the framework of who we are and how we succeed. We value their accomplishments and offer long-lasting opportunities for growth and success. As a result, a substantial percentage of our associates have 10-, 20- and 30-year histories with VWR. Their loyalty reflects our ongoing commitment to offering great compensation, an engaging culture, and real opportunities for growth and success. VWR is a great place to work and we look forward to adding more outstanding members to our team.
The Director, Business Development (Eastern zone) is responsible for generating service revenue for the VWRCATALYST Organization within their specified territory. This position will require effective territory management and achievement of assigned sales, profit and expense goals. The Director of this multi-million dollar territory will be charged with creating and implementing successful strategies to further penetrate and segment the market, consisting of diverse, integrated and global clients. The Director, Business Development interfaces with key individuals (Services Managers, Site Associates, as well as VWR Operations and Sales Associates) to understand the Customer’s current and future service requirements. They are responsible for identifying, developing and implementing new service opportunities and growing the VWR Services business. As a result, extensive travel is required including travel to Customer locations and various VWR facilities.
* Seeks out new service opportunities and sell VWR Services, specifically CATALYST services to new customers within the Eastern United States. Territory will cover all geography East of Mississippi River.
* Trains Services Directors, Area Managers, and Supervisors on identifying sales opportunities and customer centric selling techniques, and set expectations with all services associates in the region.
* Develops programs and selling strategies to motivate sales force and stimulate sales.
* Develops and maintains sound customer and supplier relations.
* Directly handles contract negotiations for key accounts.
* Prepares sales and gross margin forecasts for region territories and analyze and monitor sales data for the region.
* Monitors and manages key sales in services.
* Successfully interfaces with internal customers and service providers such as NCO, Furniture division, VWR Specialists and Business Process Consultants.
* Develops and delivers internal and external presentations.
* Develops and improves services programs. Identifies new service opportunities and develops requirements, presentations, value propositions, tools and implementation plans.
* Generates revenue, controls cost and expenses by selling VWR’s service offerings to key customers.
* Budgets development and drive services P&L to compliance through effective management of resources and development of new services leads.
* Manages Revenue growth and TOE reduction.
Experience & Skills:
* Proficient in Microsoft applications
* Strong industry knowledge; knowledge of VWR products and distribution a plus
* Strong negotiation, communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills; Proven ability to interface successfully within all levels of an organization
* Ability to self-manage, self-motivate and display forward thinking; must be able to multi-task
* Good coaching , problem solving, trouble shooting and conflict resolution skills
* Detailed understanding of contracts as they relate to each corporate customer
* Working knowledge and understanding of finance tools
* Ability to positively influence others; ability to react to customer paradigm shift
* Presentation skills – meetings, proposals, negotiations and contracts
* College degree in business, or science related field or equivalent experience
* 12+ years of experience.; 5 years in a leadership role; successful sales experience preferred
* Experience in the Laboratory services and products industry required
* Prior experience in project management of a corporate-wide initiative preferred
* Experience in establishing high level customer relationships
Environmental Working Conditions:
Extensive travel is required including travel to Customer locations and various VWR facilities. Frequent overnight travel is required. Position covers multi-state geographies, supporting multiple Area Sales Vice presidents and Regional Sales managers and Representatives.
Resume Submissions To VWR From Third Party Recruitment Firms Will Not Be Considered
VWR maintains a drug free workplace.
VWR and design are registered trademarks of VWR International, LLC. VWR International, LLC is aware of fraudulent e-mails referencing VWR job opportunities. Please note: VWR does not hire employees through e-mail solicitation and never requests any employee to cash money orders or send money to others. If you question the validity of a job, please visitwww.VWRjobs.com.