Original Posting Date 26-Oct-2012
STARS Requisition number 19319BR
University Job Title Alumni Affairs Officer, Education
Posting Position Title Assistant Director, Yale Educational Travel
Bargaining Unit None
Job Category Managerial & Professional
Type of Employment Full Time
Duration Type Fixed
If Fixed Duration, Period 3 years from date of hire
Other Fixed Duration Date 30-Jun-2016
If Fixed Duration, is continuation possible? Yes
Salary Grade P5
Work Location Central Campus
Worksite Address RAH
Principal Responsibilities 1. Forges strong partnerships with vendors to develop travel programs for alumni and friends, overseeing all aspects of programs including itinerary review and development, promotion, program evaluation, and coordination with sharing institutions.
2. Cultivates relationships with faculty volunteers, working with them on itinerary enhancement, lecture topics, and connections with alumni in the countries visited.
3. Serves as the primary customer service resource for all programs. Provides information and solves problems via telephone and e-mail. Works with outside travel vendors to resolve customer service issues between travelers and the vendors.
4. Serves as primary sales representative for all travel programs, producing weekly sales reports; synthesizing and analyzing sales trends to support marketing strategies and program development; and maintaining reservation database. Evaluates effectiveness of marketing strategies.
5. Supervise senior administrative assistant and student assistants.
6. Trains staff representatives on travel programs and conduct pre- and post- trip briefings with representatives and faculty.
7. Maintains the Educational Travel Web site current.
8. Attends professional conferences for benchmarking and market research.
9. Helps staff alumni activities sponsored by the College reunions and the Assembly, including evening and weekend work as necessary.
10. May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience Bachelor''s Degree in a related field and four years of related work experience.
Weekend Hours Required? Occasional
Evening Hours Required? Occasional
Drug Screen No
Health Screening No
Background Check Requirements All external candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
Posting Disclaimer The intent of this
job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.