Requisition Number: 8278
Job Title: Brand Manager, Goldfish Breakthrough New Business Development
Position Type: Full Time
Job Type: Marketing
Company: Pepperidge Farm Incorporated
Business Unit / Location: Norwalk (Corp)
Take the opportunity to work with one of America's best-loved and well-recognized brand icons. With annual sales exceeding $1 billion, eight manufacturing facilities across the country, and 5,000 employees committed to excellence, Pepperidge Farm® makes careers rise like fresh bread in a hot oven.
We are the nation's quality and good-taste leader in premium baked goods, from crunchy Goldfish® crackers to decadent Milano cookies, from savory Swirl breads to zesty Texas Toast.
The Brand Manager of Goldfish, Breakthrough New Business Development is responsible for managing and growing the new Goldfish My Way Customization and E-Commerce Program, as well as being an integral part of the Dream Big team as we push ahead on growing the Goldfish business into new and exicitng areas. This is a critical role to drive our aggressive Goldfish brand growth objectives and position it as a global power brand. The position requires working closely with internal and external partners to ensure the success of our first venture into the world of e-commerce and identify incremental growth opportunities for the brand. This is an exciting role that will help forge the brand and the company into new, unchartered territory. Leadership strengths must include inspiring trust and driving organizational alignment with cross functional resources and management. The brand manager must demonstrate strategic creative thinking and be able to thrive in the ambiguity of new business models - this is not 'out of the box thinking'…..there is no box! Must excel at inspiring cross-functional teams and agencies to deliver best-in-class results in new white space arenas. Must have exude positive energy, 'fire in the belly' attitude and intellectual curiosity.
* Lead Goldfish My Way Program (70%) - Responsible for management of the Goldfish My Way Customization and E-Commerce Program, mangement of the P&L to ensure profitability and management of Customization budget; development and executution of activation plan , development of on-line partnerships , management of all external agency relationships, serve as project management lead, management of GSI relationship, management all system needs (iLink, I2, SAP, etc.), packaging management and expansion, development of strategic recommendations for targeting and occasion expansion, and consumer experience map / competitive benchmarking.
* Goldfish Licensing Program (20%) - Determine strategy for licensed product on e-Commerce site, contribute to strategic planning for Goldfish Licensing Program , competitive and category benchmarking and category research.
* Misc. (10%) - Research and activate additional brand expansion initiatives, stay on top of industry and category trends, and attend relevant conferences.
* The Brand Manager of Goldfish Breakthrough New Business Development will need to drive the success of the company's first venture into e-commerce and customization. This is a breakthrough new platform for the brand with great visability and expectations. As this is a new path forward for the company, this role requires paving the way vs. business as usual.
* To be successful in this position, it will require creative strategic thinking, intellectual curiousity and an ability to 'connect the dots' from multiple sources of consumer research and trends.
* Strong leadership skills are required to build a vision and inspire cross functional internal teams as well as external partners. A 'can do' attitude with a strong drive for results will be necessary to overcome obstacles and lead and motivate the team through projects that push beyond existing paradims.
* Minimum education required; College Degree
* Education desired: MBA preferred
* Years of relevant experience: 7 years in a traditional Brand Management role, entrepreneurial and/or e-commerce experience a plus
Knowledge, Skills and abilities required:
* Preferably CPG, food, kids and/or e-commerce experience
* Strategic thinking ability and creative talent to generate breakthrough ideas
* Strong analytic capability and project management skills, as you have full responsibility for the business
* Sound problem identification and resolution skills and creative/ consumer insights abilities
* Tenacity, resilience and an ability to thrive in ambiguity
* Strong leadership, motivational and organizational alignment skills to lead teams into unchartered territory
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills to motivate and lead a diverse, cross-functional team of professionals including brand marketing, market research, finance, operations, R&D, sales and brand partners
* Intellectual curiousity to inspire fresh thinking and 'dot connection' across categories
Position is office based (Norwalk, CT) with occasional travel for consumer research, sales meetings, plant trips and marketplace explores.
Company Sponsored Relocation: No
Job Classification: Professional
Business Area: Pepperidge Farm
Experience: Seasoned Professional
Workplace Setting: Corporate or Headquarters
Region: New England