Location US, CT, Stamford
Gartner, a thriving international technology firm with headquarters in Stamford CT, is seeking a Senior Conference Manager to join their growing Events organization.
This exciting career opportunity will provide you with challenging assignments, travel to exciting locations, and tremendous career advancement. You will be part of a stable and expanding professional team collaborating to successfully develop, launch, and execute technology events that are unique and critical to technology leaders in North America.
The Conference Manager is a critical leadership position with tremendous visibility and growth potential. It is responsible for "Must Attend" technology events in North America.
· The Conference Manager is fully responsible for a portfolio of major events in North America.
· Work with conference chairs to ensure conference has the best agenda possible from content and logistical perspective.
· Work with marketing team to ensure accuracy, timeliness, quality and impact of attendee promotional campaign materials.
· Work with sales on improving sponsorship programs and processes to generate more revenue.
· Actively participate in the process of designing or improving the event features and programs (One-on- Ones, Tech demonstrations, Diagnostic Workshops, Attendee Networking Lounge..). Prepare and submit execution plan for new ideas and implement approved ones.
· Gather and analyze attendee evaluations of conferences, distribute results to appropriate management personnel, and make recommendations on potential improvements. Follow up with unsatisfied attendees.
· Gather and analyze sponsor evaluations and distribute results to appropriate management personnel, with recommendations on potential improvements. Follow up with unsatisfied sponsors.
· Hire, train and manage staff of 2-4 Event Coordinators, Senior Event Coordinators, and Event Planners regarding all aspects of conference.
· Manage event site selection process and contract negotiations with hotels for future events.
· Oversee requirements for rooms, meeting facilities, food, materials, A/V equipment, etc. and arrange with hotel.
· Assure a smooth running conference by coordinating efforts with hotel convention and catering personnel.
· Achieve budget goals, through close monitoring of revenue and expenses, and proposal of corrective actions if needed
· Control expenses through regular reappraisal of vendors and purchasing methods, and negotiation of contracts beneficial to Gartner
· Prepare and maintain budgets and monthly forecasts for the conferences up to $6 million in expense, alert management about risks and deviations to plan, and make recommendations for corrective action
· Accurately track results on a project basis, i.e. sponsorship and attendee revenue, expenses, attendance, proportion and value of tickets etc. Alert management and make recommendations when results are behind schedule.
· The successful candidate must be client focused and detail oriented.
· You must also be a team player, work well with others, together to reach challenging goals under tight deadlines.
· 5 years of business meeting planning experience is required including proven budget management abilities.
· Budgeting and financial control skills.
· Project management experience.
· Prior experience negotiating contracts for meeting services with hotels and other providers.
· In depth knowledge of the hotel, travel, meeting planning business is required, particularly in terms of normal service expectations and negotiations.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer committed to the value of workforce diversity.
Amount of Travel
Work At Home
No results found.
Add To Basket Share Apply Now
Home Jobs Accessibility Job Basket
Privacy © 2012 Gartner, Inc. and/or its Affiliates. All Rights Reserved.