Original Posting Date 13-Dec-2012
STARS Requisition number 19771BR
University Job Title Development Officer - Annual Giving
Posting Position Title Assistant Director, Annual Giving
Bargaining Unit None
Job Category Managerial & Professional
Type of Employment Full Time
Duration Type Regular
Salary Grade Ungraded
Work Location Central Campus
Worksite Address 157 Church
Principal Responsibilities 1. Develops revenue and donor goals; develops and implements effective fundraising programs for each assigned class or constituency, including external personal visits, personalized written campaigns, phonathons, social media, direct mail, and email.
2. Recruits, trains, and manages a substantial group of alumni volunteers; creates communications to large number of volunteers; supervises mass mailings to volunteers; informs volunteers of updated information and deadlines; evaluates individual donor and volunteer needs and provides other personal support. Has the authority to represent the University to alumni donors and volunteers.
3. Advises, educates, and solicits potential alumni donors through external face-to-face meetings, phone contacts, and written communications.
4. Monitors, on a weekly basis, annual giving solicitation strategies as well as participation and dollar goals for all supported classes. Identifies opportunities/needs to adjust strategies in order to reach fund raising goals. Implements new and modified strategies as needed.
5. Continually reviews alumni donor profiles to identify potential top annual donors and determines individual solicitation strategies.
6. Develops, fosters and maintains positive alumni relations to keep alumni engaged and disposed to give back to the University.
7. Coordinates special annual programs with a targeted focus.
8. Plans and attends meetings and events on and off campus.
9. May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience Bachelor''s Degree in a related field and two years of direct fundraising, marketing, communications or volunteer management experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Weekend Hours Required? Occasional
Evening Hours Required? Occasional
Drug Screen No
Health Screening No
Background Check Requirements All external candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
Posting Disclaimer The intent of this
job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.