Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States, specializing in audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you'll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients' will be heard.
Visit www.deloitte.com/us/careers to learn more about our culture, benefits and opportunities.
Deloitte Services LP is currently searching for an OCEO-R Pursuit Manager to work with senior partners and other sales professionals in support of priority competitive opportunities in the Consulting function. The role is focused on writing/messaging, and depending upon the pursuit, also involves other process/coordination aspects of proposal and presentation development. Travel is required (65-75%) to be on the ground with regional, national, and global engagement teams. The primary focus will be on serving Deloitte Consulting LLP and working with the Consulting Pursuit Center of Excellence (PCOE). Position reports to OCEO-R Pursuit Leader.
* Work collaboratively, both in person and remotely, with PCOE Leads, Partner Advisors, and other client service professionals, to address all aspects of proposal development.
* Develop, organize, and manage content for proposal documents and related collateral. Manage contribution process, maintain version control, and take ownership of all components including the executive summary, graphics, bios, and qualifications.
* Write and synthesize proposal content that is concise and clear. Translate the identified key messages into language that differentiates Deloitte and resonates with the client. Capture, shape, and synthesize information to reflect a cohesive message, written in one voice. Help translate technical information so it is clear to multiple audiences yet still technically accurate. Effectively structure complex proposals and presentations.
* Exhibit outstanding verbal skills in facilitating and distilling complex discussions. Demonstrate a finely tuned ability to sift through a discussion, extracting the most significant information and action items.
* Engage with the pursuit team strategically. Pose questions that encourage a team to consider all aspects of the client's position, and draw out essential messaging. Collaborate with PCOE and other infrastructure, and as required, lead calls or meetings and devise pursuit strategies in real time. Present and persuade in a variety of forums.
* Advise and influence teams to implement leading practices on pursuits that increase the odds of winning. Influence and persuade others to support effective practices and approaches they may not initially understand or agree with.
* Demonstrate robust project management skills.
* Navigate the complexities of priority pursuits to positively influence team dynamics and manage team demands / expectations. Recognize how to add the highest value in a teaming environment.
* Negotiate, mediate conflicts and disputes, and quickly reach agreement or compromise.
* Work with graphic design professionals to develop creative and information graphics. Provide overall quality control for all pursuit materials; apply brand and legal compliance standards to proposals and presentations
* Ensure extended support resources are in place from other pursuit infrastructure, Document Creative Services (DCS), and/or SM&BD India
* Collaborate across the Deloitte matrix for pursuit results. Coordinate with Lead Client Marketers (LCMs), sales professionals, competitive intelligence, knowledge management, and other resources as required.
* Participate in pursuit team debriefs. Bring learnings from debriefs to other SM&BD professionals and to future teams.
* Participate in and/or drive initiatives aimed at developing or improving support services.
* Use teaming opportunities to develop and grow more junior resources.
* Exceptional written and oral communication skills
* A quasi-journalistic ability to quickly grasp specialist knowledge and then make it clear for external parties
* Strong executive presence
* Agility and speed in executing strong writing
* Intellectual curiosity and ability to 'get smart quick' on a wide variety of topics
* Experience and foresight to anticipate potential issues and devise contingency plans
* Prioritize and multitask within a fast-paced, challenging, and deadline-driven environment
* High social/emotional intelligence; maturity
* Ability to work within a provided strategic direction
* Ability to take initiative and interact with all levels of management
* Superior Microsoft Office skills
* Project management skills
* Negotiation and presentation skills
* Flexibility and adaptability required
* Undergraduate degree in Journalism, Communications, English/humanities, Marketing, Management, or a related discipline
* 10+ years of prior relevant experience
As used in this document, Deloitte" means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers.
Disclaimer: If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site (careers.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards, we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at careers.deloitte.com.
Category: Business Development / Sales / Marketing