My Career CenterView Job CartBack to Search Page
Job Title: Project Manager - Luxury/Specialty Retail - New Haven
Department: Retail Niche
Location: New Haven, CT
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume by clicking on ''add to job cart''.
Working at Shawmut is a unique experience unrivaled in the industry. We consider our employees the winning strategy in our company''s success. We are currently looking for Project Managers to work on extraordinary and cutting-edge projects with elite local and national clients in the Luxury and Specialty Retail business. Project Managers have project ownership from start to finish, and because they own the project, they are responsible for the outcome. We provide our Project Managers with specialized training and development tools that allow them to be the best at running projects, collaborating with clients and developing professionally. At Shawmut, if you bring it, the sky is the limit.
We seek Project Managers that stand above and beyond their peers and can appreciate the exquisite quality of the process and the great end product. We are looking for candidates who have experience building high profile projects.
As a Shawmut Project Manager you will be responsible for the following:
* Ensuring a schedule is in place during project set up and sub-bidding that reflects the project strategy and is sufficient for estimating and subcontractor purchasing selection.
* Developing a purchasing schedule and strategy to anticipate, address and resolve purchasing challenges during the early stages of pre-construction.
* Executing each project phase including pre-construction, construction, closeout and post-construction services.
* Collaborating with Estimating and Purchasing in set up of projects to insure profitability, client satisfaction and the best subcontractors for the job.
* Working in partnership with the Project Superintendent to maintain an updated and accurate project schedule.
* Thorough completion of all financial data with an eye to quickly identify potential/existing issues that could lead to sub par financial performance.
* Effectively administering the requisitioning and collections process to ensure timely payments.
* Establishing annual performance goals for assigned staff and conducting timely and meaningful verbal and written performance evaluations.
* Maintaining and developing relationships to reinforce a commitment to world class customer service across the board: including co-workers, clients, subcontractors, vendors, and the design community.
* Promoting positive subcontractor relations by dealing professionally and fairly with all subcontractors and vendors and continually instilling this philosophy in the project team at all times.
* Communicating effectively with field team members as well as keep them active in decision-making.
All applications will be kept in the strictest confidence. Submit your resume by clicking on ''add to job cart.''
Thank you for your interest in Shawmut Design and Construction!
Shawmut Design and Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer or AA/EOE
* 5-10 years of experience in construction management with a commercial general contracting company
* Experience managing a variety of projects in a rapidly growing organization is critical
* Experience managing Luxury and Specialty Retail projects a plus
* Extensive experience maintaining project budgets and schedules
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
* 50% travel required