Hi there, We-Tre Digital Surgeons, a digital-first creative agency working with well-known progressive brands pushing the bounds of digital marketing and brand experiences.
We have a great, fun, and hard-working culture; we hope you''re someone who enjoys working with fun people and making new friends at work.
We have many varying client projects, from short-lived campaigns to long-lasting projects. We''d love to work with someone who wants to work with clients and brand names and push the bounds of consumer experiences.
A day in the life:
For those on-site every morning starts out with a trip to the kitchen stocking up on caffeine and brainfood. We typically do a quick scrum either via our company chatroom (along with our robot-pal Hubot) or in person. Some days it''s planning, researching and specing out new platforms, prototyping an idea or function and often creating, modifying or refactoring front-end or back-end code for one of the many awesome projects we have going at any given time.
For us attitude and personality matter a great deal more than a resume.
Everyone on our team comes from different backgrounds but all of our technologists share the following in common:
* A strong desire to learn
* Extremely familiar with the entire LAMP stack - PHP, MySQL is a given.
* Know OOP principals and want to know more
* Not simply the top-level of MVC, singleton, etc but creating testable code, knowing proper code separation of business logic and presentation.
* Know or desire to learn the more advanced topics that come with experience
* GIT, including Github, Beanstalk
* Command Line (Mac OS, *nix - Preferably enjoy Git via command line)
* Frameworks/CMS - CodeIgniter, ExpressionEngine
* Well read on new topics, frameworks and engineering methodologies.
We don''t all know everything. As in any situation, some of us have experience and knowledge in some technologies that others don''t have. We of course have overlap in our team members skills, but we love anyone who brings new skills and knowledge to the team. Here are some things that various team members know well - If you know some of these or things not included, let us know!
Extra knowledge alot of our team has in their arsenal of skills:
* ExpressionEngine, Wordpress, other CMSes
* NoSQL - MongoDB
* Server experience - Apache, Linux administration, DB replication, backup, logging
* Developing in virtual machines
* Bash scripting, CRON, automating tasks
* Frameworks - Laravel, Zend, Code Igniter any other you like
* Titanium / Sencha and hybrid mobile frameworks
* Flash ActionScript / Flex
* Node.JS, Ruby, Python experience (Any other web-serving paradigms other than PHP are great learning experiences!)
* AWS / Rackspace - Cloud hosting setup
* Objective C / Cocoa Touch / Xcode
* We''re an awesome, highly connected, talented team that loves what we do.
* We are an innovation-led digital marketing company, constantly pushing the bounds of technologies, API-Ts and the web.
* Continuously learning and taking on new projects, technologies,etc. We keep it fresh ''round here!
Flexible hours (we realize 9 to 5 isn''t for everyone), Benefits, Crossfit Gym membership (in building), Stocked Kitchen, breakfast served daily, Kegerator with a new beer on tap monthly, telecommute opportunities, relaxed culture.
*Candidates will not be considered without providing links to thier work and code.
*This is an onsite position at our offices located in New Haven, Connecticut.
*No recruiters or solicitations from staffing agencies.
*Applicants should be U.S Citizens and permitted to work in the United States