Customer Care and Aftersales IT Business Process Technologist-INF0003077
Customer Care and Aftersales IT Business Process Technologist
About the Customer Care and Aftersales IT team:
The GM Customer Care and Aftersales (CCA) team markets automotive replacement parts worldwide for GM and non-GM vehicles through four distinct distribution channels, which include GM dealers, wholesale distributors, ACDelco warehouse distributors, and consumer-related outlets such as auto parts and general discount stores. CCA manages over 350,000 parts delivering to over 5,100 dealers, 168 Direct Distributor Group locations & 78 export countries. GM''s Customer Care & Aftersales includes Service Engineering activities, Warehousing & Distribution activities, Sales & Marketing, and Finance activities. CCA is GM''s only business unit that supports the vehicle from cradle to grave.
Our industry leading analysts, developers, engineers, and architects plan, develop, test, and deploy global IT applications in support of all aspects of the business activities within the organization.
About the role:
The position is accountable for maintaining the relationship with the end user (i.e. Business Team/Customer) in key business process threads. They are responsible for eliciting requirements/user stories and representing them to the Enterprise Solutions Delivery and Enterprise Sustain Services teams throughout the systems development cycle.
- Project execution role for Plan and Define as part of System Development process for projects within the GM Global Aftersales Organization.
- Development of business process models, business requirements/user stories (functional and non-functional) and product backlog for the business processes for projects led
- Work with the business community to ensure comprehensive user acceptance testing/training plans are developed/executed and application is successfully transitioned into production for projects led
- Investigate and learn business issues and data challenges of business
- Support IT Strategy Development and Execution
- Serves as the liaison between the business community and the Architecture teams, SDC and Sustain teams through which requirements flow for Projects led
- Responsible for project business value/return on investment for projects led
- Responsible for maintaining integrity of ASMS (Application and Site Management System) application information.
- Identifies business strengths and weaknesses and suggests areas of improvement.
- The position will lead requirements elicitation and documentation for one or more projects (small to medium)
- A bachelor''s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 3 - 5 years of experience within the Automotive Aftersales business or equivalent experience within Supply Chain, Warehouse Management, Service Engineering/Operations, or Sales and Marketing activities
- Experience with global IT development and deployment activities.
- Expert understanding of Business Analyst Fundamentals including writing and managing requirements.
- Expert understanding of Business Process Modeling
- In-depth understanding of business issues and data challenges of the organization and industry as a whole
- In-depth understanding of business process and how application(s) they represent support it.
- Demonstrates critical skills such as collaboration, strong written and verbal communication skills and analytical capability.
- Increased acumen for planning, strong time management skills and ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects.
Why General Motors?
At GM, we''ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world''s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we''re currently undergoing one of the largest Information Technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing Fortune 5" firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on Innovation, Speed, and Business Value.
Join our team and experience Information Technology at a scale and pace not seen before!
Primary Location:US-MI-Grand Blanc
Posting Date: Nov 29, 2012, 3:08:56 PM - Ongoing