POSITION: Technician (commensurate with experience)
REPORTS TO: ADP Group Coordinator
LOCATION: Manchester, MI
Responsible for developing and executing best processes for injection, blow molding and extrusion (EBM) platforms in support of development activities for multiple products. Assist the Manchester R&D team, the Corporate Quality team, Commercial teams and all production facilities in the development of containers that meet both customer and company requirements.
• Follows all established safety rules and guidelines as outlined in the Employee Handbook, and, in accordance with the various safety-related programs. Understands and communicates all hazards and safety issues to co-workers and managers/supervisors. Properly uses all personal protective equipment.
• Knows and practices safe and proper procedures specifically related to the operation of injection, blow molding and EBM platforms.
• Optimizes the use of equipment platforms to ensure continued production of the best possible container samples.
• Verifies and documents container quality through defined inspection and testing protocols.
• Documents all process, tooling, and machine parameters relevant to the production of container samples.
• Clearly identifies and communicates limitations or issues that may impair or prevent the production of container samples.
• Pursues training related to machine platforms, systems, processes, and materials.
• Understands and maintains housekeeping of all assigned areas.
• Assists in continuous improvement of plant operations.
• Assists with writing policies and procedures.
• Meets timelines and delivers on aggressive schedule and work assignments.
• Understands and adheres to standards associated with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), American Institute of Bakers (AIB) and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) programs.
• Performs other related duties as directed by the ADP Group Coordinator.
• Checks and verifies mechanical condition of relevant equipment.
• Converts machine from one process type to another.
• Installs standard change parts.
• Reviews performance requirements.
• Adjusts process parameters to achieve required performance.
• Produce sample containers.
• Operate machines under supervision.
• Organizes work in best sequence.
• Interacts with internal customers regarding container performance and objectives.
• Follows standardized practices and procedures and carries out instructions in an existing work routine.
• Consults supervisor on scheduling platforms, go-ahead decisions, direction on preventative maintenance, and purchasing decisions.
• Knows job function and works to gain both internal and external knowledge of business.
• Thinks within procedures and specific precedents rather than specific instructions.
• Requires safety consciousness, accuracy, integrity, interpersonal understanding, teamwork and cooperation, achievement orientation, listening, understanding, and responding.
Education and Experience
• Requires a minimum 2 years of experience in a development or manufacturing facility, plus, technical discipline certification or equivalent.
• Fundamental knowledge of properties, processing and performance of polymers, blends and additives, as related to injection, blow molding and EBM. Emphasis is on injection molding.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.