Business GE Capital
Business Segment Capital - Treasury
About Us GE Treasury team is responsible for global funding, cash & foreign exchange management, and other treasury services for all of GE''s worldwide operations. Almost all of GE''s debt is issued through GE Capital to support its financial services businesses. We fund ourselves through the issuance of long term debt, commercial paper, CDs & bank deposits, and other debt products as well.
imagination at work.
* GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
* GE offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits & the professional advantages of an environment that supports your development & recognizes your achievements.
* GE offers an inclusive environment where employees have the opportunity to succeed and diversity is embraced as a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
* The passion that our people bring to their work extends to their private worlds, and GE encourages a healthy balance between the two.
* GE values education and is dedicate to providing the tools and training for your professional development.
Posted Position Title Manager - BI Data Acquisition
Career Level Experienced
Function Information Technology
Function Segment Business Intelligence
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces Michigan
City Stamford, Van Buren Township
Postal Code 06905-3417
Relocation Expenses Yes
Role Summary/Purpose GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
Lead GE Treasury BI Data Acquisition organization in the successful delivery of Data Warehouse ETL design and development for multiple enterprise wide programs. Lead ETL development team to enable scalable project deployments for GE Treasury's business intelligence and data warehousing initiatives. Develop and implement world class ETL standards and processes to ensure high quality, automated data integration solutions working with multiple program managers across the Treasury IT organization.
Essential Responsibilities Essential Responsibilities:
* Develop and continuously refine the vision and roadmap for business intelligence ETL solutions, aligning to business objectives
* Provide thought leadership on data warehousing, and data management topics
* Lead Informatica COE technology delivery teams globally for the BI data acquisition area to provide an integrated data platform for advanced reporting, dashboards and Treasury business analytics
* Promote data ownership and governance practices within business partner organizations
* Develop and manage complex project plans following PMO processes
* Promote project collaboration between requirements / functional resources, development teams, and project leadership
* Promote a strong combination of functional leadership, technical expertise, and business process skills across the global delivery team
* Ensure the team's services are forward-looking and appropriate to business processes, integration standards, and architecture guidelines
* Implement processes with other solution delivery teams to ensure timely delivery of the data
* Establish data validation and certification processes including reconciliation of the warehouse and source system data
* Identify & drive opportunities for continuous improvement of internal processes during project work
* Develop roadmaps and manage multi-generational project plans
* Lead discussions with business and technology teams regarding design, development and implementation of BI solutions
* Drive the use and improvement of documented IT standards and support processes
* Lead, manage and coach a distributed team consisting of employees, contractors & vendor resources
* Develop group goals and objectives, drive resource planning and optimization
* Work with Treasury program management in support of all initiatives
* Ensure all technology solutions include appropriate controls that comply with Sarbanes-Oxley and regulatory requirements
* Participate in testing the solution by working closely with the QA team
Qualifications/Requirements Basic requirements:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
* Minimum of 7 years of Information technology experience
* Minimum of 7 years' experience leading ETL design and development of data warehousing and BI solutions
* Minimum of 5 years management experience with large ETL delivery teams in business-facing roles
* Direct experience with Informatica and database technologies
* Experience with data modeling and knowledge of industry standard data models
* Strong experience in managing large business intelligence/data warehousing programs for banking and Financial companies
* Demonstrated team leadership working across a matrixed environment, including IT staff members, consultants (both onshore and offshore) and vendors
* Strong project management experience including management of multiple IT projects within the constraints of scope, time and resources to achieve overall project objectives aligned to business strategy
* Knowledge of IT controllership methodologies and standards and demonstrated experience though project execution compliant with systems development life cycle methodology
* Excellent interpersonal, written/verbal communication, and leadership skills with the ability to quickly build credibility, influence and make recommendations to all levels
* Broad knowledge of IT systems, processes and controls
* Strategic perspective with demonstrated accountability & execution fulfillment
* Must submit your application for employment through gecareers.com to be considered (Internals via COS)
* Must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
* Must be 18 years or older
* Must be willing to comply with pre-employment screening, including but not limited to drug testing, reference verification, and background check.
* Must be willing to travel up to 10%, if applicable
For U.S. employment opportunities, GE hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. GE will require proof of work authorization.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Financial Services Industry Experience
* Experience with multiple data modeling tools including ERwin
* Experience with Informatica and leading ETL tools
* Experience with global data warehouse implementations
* Knowledge of data architecture industry trends e.g. Big Data, Hadoop, etc.
* Implementation experience in Cognos/BO and/or other BI reporting tools
* Knowledge of CAP tools and demonstrated use of change acceleration across new processes and controls
* PMI Certified
* Green Belt Certified
Section 19 Job YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.