Business Unit Global Parts & Service
* The Sr. Product Manager is responsible for building, managing, developing and leading the product management function for undercar products or electronics in the Automotive Aftermarket.
* Responsibilities include creation and ownership of the product business plan development, including product line definition and offering to meet the company''s sales and margin objectives.
B. JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develop pricing recommendations, achieving margin objectives, monitoring and driving lowest global unit costs, and managing product life cycles.
* Monitor market needs and requirements, taking into account future technologies, competitor products/services and regulatory issues to develop and implement innovative customer solutions for existing and new products.
* Ongoing implementation of the business plan - including, but not limited to, benchmarking coverage / quality / pricing /application holes / margin/ features and benefits. Creation and maintenance of accurate interchanges and quality comparisons, competitive analysis and testing, and global unit cost competitiveness necessary to strengthen the company''s value proposition.
* Develop the product line strategy through planning sessions with key internal and external stakeholders, defining product positioning requirements to meet company profit objectives and brand positioning.
* Strategically manage the product / product portfolio from cradle to grave.
* Establish price positioning, product definition/composition, features and recommend sourcing alternatives necessary to meet sales & margin objectives based on competitive environment and product line strategy.
* Conduct product profitability studies which include analyzing the cost structure for each product and identify and implement profit improvement actions.
* Gather market knowledge and research of customer needs, market trends, customer/market segmentation, distribution channel characteristics, target-market size, and external environment trends.
* Support Sales team and interface with customers to develop quotations and recommend model stocks based on customer geography and vehicle mix.
* Provide technical support, technical data sheets, training aides where needed.
* Define, create and launch new and existing products that provide innovative customer solutions and that enhance the company''s profit and sales objectives.
Education Requirements .Bachelor's of Science in Management, Marketing or Sales required.
Experience and Skill Requirements .Candidate must possess 3-5 years of experience in the Automotive Aftermarket industry. 6-8 years is desired.
.Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices involved in new business development, product marketing, channel development and sales.
.Requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills to build relationships, prepare and deliver formal presentations.
.Must have a high level of independent judgment; have ability to independently troubleshoot issues/concerns and determine course of action.
.Candidate must be able to analyze and make sound business decisions based on research data and other input.
.Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
.Moderate to heavy domestic travel (~25%-50%) with some international travel required.
.Experience managing a team is preferred.
Position Status Salaried Full-Time
Diversity Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
Apply to job  Send to friend Save to cart