Vending Solutions Operations Manager
Requisition Number 2003385
Job Category Technical Sales & Support
Address 20921 Lasher Road
Zip code 48033
Remote Territory Location
Responsible for MSC's Vending Solutions Operations teams (Key Accts & Product Specialists Teams). Duties range from the development of appropriate
operational customer service & support models, to the development of key operational strategies, processes, tools, & functions. In addition, this
position is responsible for respective operational financial planning, performance measurement, & problem solving in support of the MSC Corporate
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for managing MSC's vending solutions customer service operation (Key Accts & Product Specialists teams)
* Development, communication, and measurement of key operational performance metrics for each business function within assigned vending operations
* Responsible for meeting and exceeding operational performance metrics developed in support of program strategy.
* Collaborates/works with Sr, Vending Solutions Business Operations Mgr to create customer service strategies & implementation plans, as well as all
associated financial plans
* Builds and manages associated departmental financial budgets and is responsible for financial plans in support of operations.
* Continually assesses all aspects of vending operations to identify improvement opportunities and areas of opportunity for productivity and profitability
* Communicates regularly with the sales organization (OSA's, BSM's, and MM's) to ensure collaboration, and alignment on key areas of focus.
* Evaluates and communicates both the internal and external customer experience.
* Drives change management throughout area of responsibility.
* Manages processes within operations and implements changes that maximizes the efficiency and effectiveness of the associates while driving and enhanced
customer service experience.
* Ensures operational project deliverables are met on time with expected outcomes.
* Participates in regular customer sales calls and associate focus groups to gain valuable feedback on strategies and performance.
* Works cross functionally with vending sales mgt team on processes, problem solving, and program enhancements in support of overall MSC vending strategy.
* Assists in the development & implementation of key technology tools in support of productivity gains and cost avoidance.
* Develops talent development & succession mgt plans in support of vending program growth and associate growth
* Participates in cross functional initiatives in support of continual improvement.
* Perform all duties inherent in the role of MSC Manager as defined by the MSC Code of Conduct including hiring, termination, review, and development of
* Works to ensure successful roll-out of new Solution(s) by execution of roll-out plans and delivery of collateral and training materials to the sales
* Participates in and leads cross-functional teams in line with MSC's corporate goals and with the Customer Solutions Management team setting the
department's strategic direction.
* Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
* Fosters the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure unity of purpose and fulfillment of MSC's mission.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
A Bachelor's Degree in Business or the equivalent is required.
Minimum of 3 years sales operations management experience is required.
Minimum of 2 years selling or managing the sales of value added customer solution programs or equivalent is preferred
Minimum of 2 years experience managing others, including supervisory and front line level associates required.
Customer service/Call Center experience is preferred
Industrial/manufacturing sales, knowledge of MSC-like product lines/services and MSC experience is preferred.
Excellent management, relationship building and negotiation skills and techniques are preferred.
Ability to influence medium sized groups in own function or cross functionally
Ability to optimize processes and performance of a unit/function is required
Ability to problem solve and act decisively during peak periods of complexity
Excellent organizational, time management, leadership, coaching, and team building skills are required.
System knowledge and the ability to learn new applications preferred.
Excellent oral and written communications skills are also required.
Strong project mgt skills preferred
A valid driver's license and the ability to travel up to 20% required